Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chargers to LA
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eagleaddict
Link

To be able to watch the Eagles play two terrible teams out here is unbelievable. Can't wait for the schedule release...
nephillymike
I heard a mind boggling fact about LA.

The NFL ratings in LA were lower this year when they had the Rams, then they were when they had no team!

Think about that.

Now they are adding a team to that market?

That doesn't seem to make sense.

Who daws better this year, the Rams or the Chargers?
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 12 2017, 07:26 AM) *

The NFL ratings in LA were lower this year when they had the Rams, then they were when they had no team!

Think about that.

Who daws better this year, the Rams or the Chargers?

When government and a multi-billion dollar industry are intertwined, nothing has to make sense. The Chargers owner wasn't being offered enough taxpayer money for a new stadium, so he's throwing a tantrum.
Dreagon
LA hasn't even proved it can support one team yet. Sure, it's big, but I never got the feeling it was a football town.
samaroo
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 13 2017, 03:40 AM) *
LA hasn't even proved it can support one team yet. Sure, it's big, but I never got the feeling it was a football town.

I think it's a college football town, but primarily a basketball town.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (samaroo @ Jan 12 2017, 07:13 PM) *
I think it's a college football town, but primarily a basketball town.

There are quite a few Dodgers, Kings and even Galaxy fans. Mostly everyone had a team already, but many people have adopted the Rams as a 2nd team (buying jerseys etc). If they have a good season, the tide will turn. Not sure about the Chargers...

There is a big lack in billboard, commercial, print advertising for the Rams like you see in other cities. Maybe it's by design until KroenkeWorld is built. I'm just used to seeing and hearing all the Official Sponsor ads of the Eagles back in Philly.

You have to also consider there is other competition with outdoor activities out here. Hard to stay inside to watch football. I put my tv in the backyard most weeks.

I'm just stoked to see 2 Eagles games out here. I had this year circled since I moved out here 7 years ago. I wonder if they would be scheduled back to back and just stay out here to avoid the travel.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 12 2017, 06:26 AM) *

Think about that.

FWIW: it makes no sense to me.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 15 2017, 01:35 PM) *
FWIW: it makes no sense to me.

I wonder if DVR plays into television ratings. Also, streaming, etc. The interest in the Rams was relatively high in the first couple weeks but they were not only bad, but a boring team to watch. I could never adopt them as a second team, but maybe the Chargers since we only play them every 4 years.

The bottom line is the actual bottom line and the new stadium is set to be better than any option these teams had in SD or Stl.

I could never envision the Eagles packing up because the demand is always high there, but you still have to feel for the fans in those cities.
Rick
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Jan 13 2017, 10:31 AM) *
I'm just stoked to see 2 Eagles games out here. I had this year circled since I moved out here 7 years ago. I wonder if they would be scheduled back to back and just stay out here to avoid the travel.

It would be perfect if they were to schedule them back-to-back. I'd definitely just come out and do both games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.