Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Giants out...check...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
The way that game started yesterday I was saying, "Please don't tell me yet another average/below average Giants' team is going to get into the playoffs as a WC team and run the table to win another SB..." Then, it happened. Green Bay did what they were supposed to do. I was worried for a little bit there....

Now, just need the Cowboys to lose next week and the Patriots to get knocked out and my football season will be as much of a success as it can be after another disappointing Eagles' season...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 9 2017, 06:07 AM) *
The way that game started yesterday I was saying, "Please don't tell me yet another average/below average Giants' team is going to get into the playoffs as a WC team and run the table to win another SB..." Then, it happened. Green Bay did what they were supposed to do. I was worried for a little bit there....

Now, just need the Cowboys to lose next week and the Patriots to get knocked out and my football season will be as much of a success as it can be after another disappointing Eagles' season...

I agree with this!

GO Pack Go!

Rodgers was amazing.

Concerned about Nelson being out, though.

Did you see the two handed push to the back by Cobb on the Hail Mary? That non called offensive PI was huge.
Zero
I'm not feeling real positive about GB's chances. sad.gif
Dreagon
I was rooting for the Packers, but I sure wasn't rooting for them to look THAT good. Rodgers is on fire.

The main reason I decided to hope for a Packers win is that we can run on them, while the Giants did a decent job of containing the run. We're gonna definitely need that running game next week. I think the only way to limit Rodgers right now is keep him off the field.
Reality Fan
I am finding it hard to watch the NFL anymore...the officiating is just terrible....how Cobb was not called for PI is a mystery. The missed facemask on the Seattle TD? And these guys, whose average salary is 170K bitch about not being full time? Unreal.

I find it hard to root against NE. Brady exemplifies everything I want in a QB...besides being ridiculously talented he works his ass off and generally does not say much.....hell of a leader.
BisonEagleFan
Giants out in the first round.

It's all good.

Next

laugh.gif
JeeQ
Go Pack Go! laugh.gif
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 9 2017, 07:24 AM) *
I agree with this!

GO Pack Go!

Rodgers was amazing.

Concerned about Nelson being out, though.

Did you see the two handed push to the back by Cobb on the Hail Mary? That non called offensive PI was huge.

Yes, the officiating in the NFL has gotten so bad it's not even funny any longer.

Did they say whether his rib is broken? I've got to believe he's got a broken rib or two...
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 9 2017, 11:33 AM) *
I am finding it hard to watch the NFL anymore...the officiating is just terrible....how Cobb was not called for PI is a mystery. The missed facemask on the Seattle TD? And these guys, whose average salary is 170K bitch about not being full time? Unreal.

I find it hard to root against NE. Brady exemplifies everything I want in a QB...besides being ridiculously talented he works his ass off and generally does not say much.....hell of a leader.

I'm sick of the officiating getting worse and worse and the NFL won't do anything about it. Players/coaches can't say anything about it. Hell, it's obvious even the announcers have been told to tone it down! It's gotten ridiculous. Another reason why Goodell sucks.

And I have no problem rooting against NE. A LOT of guys work hard in the NFL. Doesn't mean I'm a fan of them. I can respect it but I ain't pulling for the guy unless he's playing Dallas or the Giants.
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 9 2017, 02:53 PM) *
And I have no problem rooting against NE. A LOT of guys work hard in the NFL. Doesn't mean I'm a fan of them. I can respect it but I ain't pulling for the guy unless he's playing Dallas or the Giants.

I respect the talent and accomplishments, but I find it very hard to root for NE.

My hate list is a three-way tie between NE, NYG and DAL. I have to confess that I was rooting for NYG to end NE's bid for the perfect season.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 9 2017, 03:49 PM) *
I have to confess that I was rooting for NYG to end NE's bid for the perfect season.

Don't feel bad. I was in the same mind-boggling situation. I actually caught myself standing up and whooping when David Tyree made that helmet catch, and then was like "Holy shit, what am I doing?"
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 9 2017, 03:29 PM) *
Don't feel bad. I was in the same mind-boggling situation. I actually caught myself standing up and whooping when David Tyree made that helmet catch, and then was like "Holy shit, what am I doing?"

I would've bought Eli a steak dinner that night; but then again all of NY would've that night
Rick
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 9 2017, 05:49 PM) *
I respect the talent and accomplishments, but I find it very hard to root for NE.

My hate list is a three-way tie between NE, NYG and DAL. I have to confess that I was rooting for NYG to end NE's bid for the perfect season.

At the time, I was living in North Jersey just 5 miles from the Meadowlands. I was pulling for the Giants to go down in flames because living around Giants' fans is tough.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Jan 9 2017, 02:51 PM) *
Yes, the officiating in the NFL has gotten so bad it's not even funny any longer.

Did they say whether his rib is broken? I've got to believe he's got a broken rib or two...

Two broken ribs.

Held out of practice.

They will wait to see if he can practice Saturday before declaring him out.
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 9 2017, 08:45 PM) *
Two broken ribs.

Held out of practice.

They will wait to see if he can practice Saturday before declaring him out.

Major bummer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.