Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles sign a WR
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/art...74-d19bbfe8f7b3

An old favorite.

No doubt another WR who will show better than Agholar, only to sit while they showcase their first round flop.
Zero
An argument could be made that Bailey was ignored by three coaches who all lost their jobs. It could also be that Bailey and Turner don't have the skills for sustainable production in the NFL. Either way, I'm glad he's back and hope he's here due to the incompetence of three coaches. It's interesting that he's apparently returned via the scouting of our new personnel people.
JeeQ
The Cleveland Browns turned their QB Terrelle Pryor into a WR and in his first season he amassed a 1000+ yard season; in only 13 games no less. Meanwhile in Philadelphia we haven't had a WR produce a 1000 yard season since Jackson/Maclin laugh.gif

If we really want to make it look ugly, the 1-win Cleveland Browns actually managed to produce more yards through the air than the Eagles this season. Here's hoping next year our passing attack can be as dangerous as the Cleveland Browns
Joegrane
Hopefully it is more than a feel-good story for local TV coverage and an attempt to attract fans to preseason activities.

I just hope players are given a real opportunity. You never know who will step up. A Viking's UDFA put up 200 yds receiving against GB a few weeks ago. If a UDFA is playing better than a 1st round bust, so be it.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2017, 06:58 AM) *
An argument could be made that Bailey was ignored by three coaches who all lost their jobs. It could also be that Bailey and Turner don't have the skills for sustainable production in the NFL. Either way, I'm glad he's back and hope he's here due to the incompetence of three coaches. It's interesting that he's apparently returned via the scouting of our new personnel people.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 5 2017, 04:58 AM) *

I also like Turner and Bailey based from what I've seen in preseason but much like yourself I wonder if they only look because the bar the Eagles WRs have set is so low.

Either way at this point in time they are upgrades
nephillymike
Take Turner.

Take his production per snap, which is very good.

He's in there for a few plays.

He gets open.

They throw him the ball.

He, wait for it,........catches the ball.

Then, they take him out and watch Huey Duey and Louie proceed to produce squattah.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 5 2017, 07:43 PM) *
Take Turner.

Take his production per snap, which is very good.

He's in there for a few plays.

He gets open.

They throw him the ball.

He, wait for it,........catches the ball.

Then, they take him out and watch Huey Duey and Louie proceed to produce squattah.

and you think the coaching staff not playing other players is indicative of their play?...nope....there has to be something else at play.....they can't be this stupid.
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 6 2017, 01:01 AM) *
and you think the coaching staff not playing other players is indicative of their play?...nope....there has to be something else at play.....they can't be this stupid.

It's called money. The other guys are being high-round draft pick money. They will get more opportunity than others who were not drafted or who were not drafted high.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 6 2017, 12:01 AM) *

What is your guess why it is?
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jan 5 2017, 09:16 AM) *
The Cleveland Browns turned their QB Terrelle Pryor into a WR and in his first season he amassed a 1000+ yard season; in only 13 games no less. Meanwhile in Philadelphia we haven't had a WR produce a 1000 yard season since Jackson/Maclin laugh.gif

If we really want to make it look ugly, the 1-win Cleveland Browns actually managed to produce more yards through the air than the Eagles this season. Here's hoping next year our passing attack can be as dangerous as the Cleveland Browns

You could try turning Daniels into a wide receiver. (come to think of that, we should try that with Sanchez biggrin.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.