Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Douglas and Weidl
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I keep saying it, but these two guys, mostly Douglas, are the key to next season. Who do we keep, FA targets, the draft and potential trade targets. They need to identify players who will work well in the Eagles' systems regardless of how they performed for their previous team or college.

Douglas was with Baltimore and move on to Chicago for a year. How good are these guys? I asked Domo and Murphy for what they've heard. Domo's response:
They're products of one of the best scouting operations in the league. The people I know and respect around the league speak very highly of them, including their former boss Ozzie Newsome.
nephillymike
That's good enough for me, for now.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 4 2017, 01:28 AM) *
I keep saying it, but these two guys, mostly Douglas, are the key to next season. Who do we keep, FA targets, the draft and potential trade targets. They need to identify players who will work well in the Eagles' systems regardless of how they performed for their previous team or college.

Douglas was with Baltimore and move on to Chicago for a year. How good are these guys? I asked Domo and Murphy for what they've heard. Domo's response:

How much room will they have to operate? Will Howie have final say on the draft?
SAM I Am
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jan 4 2017, 11:52 AM) *
How much room will they have to operate? Will Howie have final say on the draft?

Two important questions there.

I think they will be given room to operate, but Howie will definitely have the final say.
Reality Fan
Just 2 guys brought in for credibility but likely also plausible deniability....if things don't improve it will be "their fault'.
samaroo
In Howie's end of season presser, he said that Douglas will be making the draft and FA boards, and will be the heavy hand. He also said that every decision was his ultimate responsibility, and that Douglas reports to him. But I took it as a positive that he said the things he did in the way he did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.