Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Every WR In The Rose Bowl...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Is better than what we have...

Chris Godwin has made better catches than I saw from any of our WRs all year
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jan 2 2017, 07:47 PM) *
Is better than what we have...

Chris Godwin has made better catches than I saw from any of our WRs all year

Go look at some of Nelson Agholor's college catches. Just goes to show you that the talent doesn't necessarily translate
Joegrane
I just did that and went back and looked at his highlights. He was bigger and faster than everyone else. He did not have to out-muscle anyone. He did not have to be tough on many plays. It all seemed to come easily.

He had a career game vs Cal; however he did not have to fight to get off the line. He was not beating press coverage. There was rarely tight coverage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMFqUN0Dj0

In some videos NA is compared to fellow USC WR, M. Lee. Lee is a year older and was picked a couple of spots ahead of J Matthews.

Lee is listed essentially the same height and weight as N Agholor. Lee had just slightly better numbers than NA in his first two years; however Lee busted out in year three with 68 catches for 851 yards and 3 TDs. J Matthews had similar numbers but in two fewer games. I don't know what percentage of snaps Lee played in those years.
http://www.nfl.com/player/marqiselee/2543475/profile

Can NA develop and produce in year 3 somewhat like Lee? Sadly I doubt it but he'll get an opportunity to show what he can do.

QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 2 2017, 07:57 PM) *
Go look at some of Nelson Agholor's college catches. Just goes to show you that the talent doesn't necessarily translate
nephillymike
I saw the open practice at the Linc on a Sunday this preseason.

The thing that amazed me about him was how long it took him to run an out and a square in. He took an extra stutter step in his cut.

They say DGB has a similar problem.

How the hell can WR at this level not be able to do a simple cut the right way?

That's some basic shit right there.

Meet NA and DGB, the NEPM 2017 Eagles 4th and 5th WR.!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.