Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL Playoffs: Teams Hated, Teams liked
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The playoffs are here and we sit on the sidelines with our draft projections and free agent previews once again.

We have 12 teams in the tourney:
NE,KC,PIT,HOU,OAK,MIA,DAL,ATL,SEA,GB,NYG,DET

So I ask you this:

Divide these 12 into three groups and rate them among the three groups.

Group One are four teams you hate and rank them from most hated to least.

Mine are - DAL, SEA, NE, NYG

Group Two are teams you could root for given that the Eagles are not in it.

Mine are - OAK, PIT, GB, KC although Oak is snake bitten with QB injuries

Group Three are just don't care, from least interested to most:

Mine are - HOU, DET, MIA, ATL

Anyone?

SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 2 2017, 01:06 PM) *
The playoffs are here and we sit on the sidelines with our draft projections and free agent previews once again.

So I ask you this:

Anyone?

Not in any mood to play, so I'll just say, I hope the cowturds get knocked out 2 weeks from now by a wildcard team, and I hope Big Red gets there and beats whoever is there from the NFC for the SB.

Yeah, I've called him Fat Fuck plenty of times while he was here, but I did so endearingly tongue.gif
The Franchise

So I ask you this:

Anyone?

You hate Seattle more than the Giants? Priorities buddy.

Dal, NYG, NE, KC (only because Andy is there). Yeah I mean it, KC losing is just as important to me as Dallas losing. Fuck AR, there's no way in hell I want to see him get a ring elsewhere after years of his bullshit here. I have no doubt he'll satisfy me.

I could root for Houston, Miami, Detroit, and Atlanta. Any one of them getting a ring would be nice.

I don't care about anyone else. But why bother doing this? It's going to be either Seattle or Green Bay against New England or Pittsburgh, and in all likelihood Seattle vs. NE.
Zero
Cowboys and Patriots are the only teams I can muster hate for. I'll hate the Giants and Redskins if they go to the SB, or when we play them. That's it.
Rick
Cowboys I hate hate HATE!!!! Did I mention I HATE the Cowboys?

The Giants I hate, but not quite as much as the Cowboys. But I really hate them.

I probably hate the Patriots as much as I had the Giants.

The Redskins, hate may be a bit strong, but I hate them.

I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh in the playoffs. I can't cheer for Oakland since they beat the Eagles the first time they made it to the SB. Can't say I hate them but it's close.

After that, I couldn't care less about who wins. I guess I'd like to see Seattle lose but I can't say I hate them.
Phits
My 'hate' is grading. It varies at different times of the year.

Hate: NE, DAL, GB, PIT
--- That's enough of these bastards. They have enough rings and championships ---
* I normally would have NYG in the hate column, but the potential of them meeting and beating the Patsies in the SB (for a third time) has me curious.
* GB gets my hate because of Rodgers predicting a playoff position when they run the table. I hate that bastard.
* DAL can burn in hell (sorry Dreagon)
* PIT 'The pride of Pennsylvania' get the fcuk outta here....

Could cheer for: SEA, MIA
* I like SEA...more specifically I like Russell Wilson. He makes it easy to root for him.
* Would love to see MIA become the team to uproot NYE from their perch atop the AFCE

Could care less about: ATL, DET, HOU, OAK, KC, NYG
* ATL, DET, NYG should be in the hate category...but the truth is I could care less about them.
rumply
actively rooting against

NE,DAL,NYG - (yes, a Pats/Giants SB would see me going for the Giants...again wub.gif )

actively rooting for

KC,DET,GB,PIT,OAK - (always liked Andy, want him to get that ring before his weight drops him stone dead one day, this just could be the year...enjoy watching Luck, Rodgers & Big Ben play & Carr too before you know, it all went to shit over there)

couldnt give a stuff

HOU,ATL,SEA,MIA

JeeQ
I'll be cheering for these teams:

1.) Whoever is playing against Dallas
2.) Whoever is playing against New England
3.) Kansas City - Good luck Big Red

I find it hard to hate Eli because without him Tom Brady would be the undisputed greatest football player of all time. He's the only reason Brady isn't 6-0 in the Super Bowl with an undefeated season under his belt. Not to mention those two Super Bowls were two of the best games I've seen.
SAM I Am
Just out of curiosity, why all the NE hate? Not only are they not in our division, they aren't even in our conference.

I for one am impressed --- and jealous --- by what Belichick and Brady have been able to accomplish and maintain together for 15 years now.
Birdwatcher

So I ask you this:

Anyone?

How can you root for Pittsburgh? Apart from NFC East teams, our cross state rival is the last team I want to see get another SB win! I'll root for KC for the hell of it, maybe Miami for shits and giggles, but a possible Dallas/NE SB makes me not even want to watch it.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 2 2017, 05:11 PM) *
Just out of curiosity, why all the NE hate? Not only are they not in our division, they aren't even in our conference.

I for one am impressed --- and jealous --- by what Belichick and Brady have been able to accomplish and maintain together for 15 years now.

Their lying cheating asses may have cost a Superbowl:

When Spygate broke, some of the Eagles now believed they had an answer for a question that had vexed them since they lost to the Patriots 24-21 in Super Bowl XXXIX: How did New England seem completely prepared for the rarely used dime defense the Eagles deployed in the second quarter, scoring touchdowns on three of four drives? The Eagles suspected that either practices were filmed or a playbook was stolen. "To this day, some believe that we were robbed by the Patriots not playing by the rules ... and knowing our game plan," a former Eagles football operations staffer says.

Linc

former Rams coach Mike Martz’s admission that he was asked by Roger Goodell to write a statement “saying that he was satisfied with the NFL’s Spygate investigation and was certain the Patriots had not cheated and asking everyone to move on — like leaders of the Steelers and Eagles had done.”

“He told me, ‘The league doesn’t need this. We’re asking you to come out with a couple lines exonerating us and saying we did our due diligence,'” says Martz, now 64 years old and out of coaching, during a July interview at his summer cabin in the Idaho mountains…

“Even to this day, I think something happened.”

Linc
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Jan 2 2017, 05:25 PM) *
Their lying cheating asses may have cost a Superbowl:

Linc

Linc

Nailed it. Plus, I'm just sick of all the worship. It it's not Belicheat its, Brady. If it's not Brady, it's Gronkowski. If it's not Gronkowski, it's Edelman, or Amendola, or some other damn person. First it was America's team, now it's Newfukin England.
Rick
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 2 2017, 06:11 PM) *

One can be impressed with talent but still hate. I am impressed with the talent some pop singers have. I hate pop music.
Rick
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jan 2 2017, 06:15 PM) *
How can you root for Pittsburgh? Apart from NFC East teams, our cross state rival is the last team I want to see get another SB win!

Can we really call it a rivalry when we play once every few years? Besides, they've never had a bunch of swagger and their fans aren't annoying assholes like fans of other teams I hate (ok, maybe not ALL of them...).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.