Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sam Bradford Trade Revisited
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
With the end of the regular season we can reconsider the decisions made about Sam Bradford.

It was my view that J Elway would regret not trading for Sam B. I did not think it would cost the Broncos a playoff spot but it has. I thought it would just cost them a deep run in the playoffs.

Is there any doubt that the 9-6 Broncos under T. Siemian & P Lynch would have won two more games with Sam B as QB?

Sam finished with a QB rating of 99, 6th in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees, rather good company, especially since he did it behind a backup O Line, with unspectacular WRs and very little A Peterson.

Siemian finished with a QB rating of 84, just above our CW.

Supposedly P. Lynch has not impressed enough to make it obvious he will beat out Siemian next year.

Do the Vikings regret the move to get Sam B? Given the severity of the injury to T Bridgewater and the performance of Sam B, I doubt they do.

I can't imagine that the Eagles regret the move considering the encouraging play of CW.

I think Denver was the looser in this one.
nephillymike
And he thought Sanchez was the answer!

Give Sleeves credit. 6th overall is impressive.

RF, you coulda been somebody!

I think we win two more games with him this year, but he's not the guy to get us where we need to be. His cap room and pick we got for him should put us in a better position come middle of next season when our 1st round pick and free agents we bought with his money become comfortable.

If I am the Vikes, I keep him and Bridgewater, who I don't think is supposed to be ready until after camp starts.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 1 2017, 11:19 PM) *
And he thought Sanchez was the answer!

Give Sleeves credit. 6th overall is impressive.

RF, you coulda been somebody!

I think we win two more games with him this year, but he's not the guy to get us where we need to be. His cap room and pick we got for him should put us in a better position come middle of next season when our 1st round pick and free agents we bought with his money become comfortable.

If I am the Vikes, I keep him and Bridgewater, who I don't think is supposed to be ready until after camp starts.

While I think Howie is a total fucking clown and he got seriously lucky that Bridgewater hurt his knee I can't argue that trading Bradford was the right move....I think he is a good QB but the Eagles desperately need to pick in the first round to restock.....I have full confidence in Howie fucking up that pick but it may be harder for him to do in the first round...he might pick a talent by accident as he has done int he past. Only an idiot would think Bradford can't throw downfield...how he did as well as he did in Minny with all the injuries they had is a mystery.....Minny was just crushed with one injury after another.

Bradford will go to a team with WRs next year......there will be plenty of teams looking for him...another healthy year which is amazing with the beating he took.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 1 2017, 11:35 PM) *
While I think Howie is a total fucking clown and he got seriously lucky that Bridgewater hurt his knee I can't argue that trading Bradford was the right move....I think he is a good QB but the Eagles desperately need to pick in the first round to restock.....I have full confidence in Howie fucking up that pick but it may be harder for him to do in the first round...he might pick a talent by accident as he has done int he past. Only an idiot would think Bradford can't throw downfield...how he did as well as he did in Minny with all the injuries they had is a mystery.....Minny was just crushed with one injury after another.

Bradford will go to a team with WRs next year......there will be plenty of teams looking for him...another healthy year which is amazing with the beating he took.

You think the Vikes trade him?

I think he is better than Bridgewater and with bw coming in late, I don't see that.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 1 2017, 11:46 PM) *
You think the Vikes trade him?

I think he is better than Bridgewater and with bw coming in late, I don't see that.

I do...they think BW is their future....I will be surprised if they don't try to get a pick for him
Dreagon
I'm betting that Elway and J. Jones may be discussing a one year QB proposal involving Romo to give Paxton Lynch another year to develop...with injury guarantees included of course.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jan 1 2017, 11:35 PM) *

For the most part, I'm not a Roseman fan either, but his bad drafts could be the product of the information he's getting from the scouts. I'm not excusing him, only being hopeful that these new guys, who were rated pretty highly according to most reports, are able to turn our fortunes around. He's good a making deals, pulling off trades and moving around on draft day, but he's been missing on the players. He had a year off and was force fed some humility, let's hope it took him to a place where he does what he knows and listens to the people who evaluate talent.
Eyrie
I think when that trade was made, most of us would have taken the scenario that Bradford plays well but other factors sink the Vikings to improve our draft spot. Means the Vikings won't regret the trade and Roseman won't get a reputation for ripping teams off which helps with future moves.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 2 2017, 06:32 AM) *
I think when that trade was made, most of us would have taken the scenario that Bradford plays well but other factors sink the Vikings to improve our draft spot. Means the Vikings won't regret the trade and Roseman won't get a reputation for ripping teams off which helps with future moves.

And I think that's what happened.
Joegrane
I agree; however, we'll see if Tony R wants a ring or more $. Dallas would have to eat some $, Tony would have to tear up that contract.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jan 2 2017, 12:51 AM) *
I'm betting that Elway and J. Jones may be discussing a one year QB proposal involving Romo to give Paxton Lynch another year to develop...with injury guarantees included of course.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 2 2017, 10:06 AM) *
I agree; however, we'll see if Tony R wants a ring or more $. Dallas would have to eat some $, Tony would have to tear up that contract.

True. I think the two driving considerations here are money, and the fact that Tony wants to play. Barring a disaster, his days in Dallas as a starter are done, and at best he only has a couple of years left to get out on the field. So I'm guessing a compromise caused by those two competing issues is what's gonna happen. Dallas is going to have to eat $ now no matter what he does, so I'm guessing they will try to get what they can out of him.
D Rock
No way the vikes trade Bradford. Bridgwaters' injury is more than a 1 year deal. They let sam play out the final year of his contract, perhaps extend him with thoughts of trading him next year. But, I'd bet they need sam to play one more year before teddy's back to full health. His injury was career threatening.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jan 3 2017, 01:17 PM) *
No way the vikes trade Bradford. Bridgwaters' injury is more than a 1 year deal. They let sam play out the final year of his contract, perhaps extend him with thoughts of trading him next year. But, I'd bet they need sam to play one more year before teddy's back to full health. His injury was career threatening.

Zimmer came out today and said Sleeves is the starter.

BW apparently said he is doing well emotionally, but the elephant not talked about was how his rehab was doing.

BW won't be ready.

RF's boy has got the starting gig for another year.

It does make it strange for Sleeves playing in yet another contract year.
Joegrane
Yes, but this time Sam is the savior in MN. He's in a place where he is wanted and can be the hero.

They could be quite good next year with a healthy O Line and AP.

It still makes me sick to my stomach that they have an undrafted WR playing much better than two of our WRs who were drafted in rounds 1 & 2!
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/12/24/14...nnesota-vikings

View the highlights to see some really nice catches, something we have not seen in Philly since the loss of J Maclin.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 3 2017, 08:05 PM) *
Zimmer came out today and said Sleeves is the starter.

BW apparently said he is doing well emotionally, but the elephant not talked about was how his rehab was doing.

BW won't be ready.

RF's boy has got the starting gig for another year.

It does make it strange for Sleeves playing in yet another contract year.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 3 2017, 11:15 PM) *
Yes, but this time Sam is the savior in MN. He's in a place where he is wanted and can be the hero.

They could be quite good next year with a healthy O Line and AP.

It still makes me sick to my stomach that they have an undrafted WR playing much better than two of our WRs who were drafted in rounds 1 & 2!
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/12/24/14...nnesota-vikings

View the highlights to see some really nice catches, something we have not seen in Philly since the loss of J Maclin.

Agreed on Theilen...nice to see a guy actually step up when their top threat was hurt or out for a good portion of the games

If Diggs can stay healthy and their line gets healthy they can be a real threat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.