Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If they cut the entire defensive backfield...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
after this game, I would have absolutely no problem with it. Just take a chance on a new group of players back there. Who gives a fuck. Can't be any worse.
Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jan 1 2017, 02:53 PM) *
after this game, I would have absolutely no problem with it. Just take a chance on a new group of players back there. Who gives a fuck. Can't be any worse.

Carroll and McKelvin maybe, not Jenkins or McCleod
nephillymike
If they re-sign Carroll, the entire personnel department should be fired.

I thought he would be a little above average but he sucks too.
Zero
Read that they're negotiating
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jan 1 2017, 01:10 PM) *
If they re-sign Carroll, the entire personnel department should be fired.

I thought he would be a little above average but he sucks too.

He doesn't belong on a football field. Not because of skill, but because of laziness

I bet if you put him on someone like the Pats he'd be fine; but he's just playing half ass for us
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 1 2017, 03:18 PM) *

I'd renegotiate his salary all right, to zero!

It would be like us to reward bad play with a contract.

That would speak volumes to me.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 1 2017, 03:00 PM) *
Carroll and McKelvin maybe, not Jenkins or McCleod

Don't forget Mills, he is worthless also, and most likely Jenkins will be over the hill by the time this team is ready to make a run at the SB.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 1 2017, 08:18 PM) *

I hope not.

Carroll was a free agent for a couple of weeks without any interest from other teams before we gave him a one year deal. Based on his play this year the other teams got that one right.

I can live with McKelvin for 2017 if we get a good player opposite him.
Joegrane
They are solid at S although could add a better #3 S.

I think they'll be fine with Mills in the slot.

Sometimes adding a stud CB solidifies a secondary. You can sometimes get away with having an average guy on the other side.

The saddest thing about Carroll is that he was typically in decent position. There was no need to grab or interfere. How do you teach a veteran who has been doing that for years?

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 1 2017, 04:15 PM) *
I hope not.

Carroll was a free agent for a couple of weeks without any interest from other teams before we gave him a one year deal. Based on his play this year the other teams got that one right.

I can live with McKelvin for 2017 if we get a good player opposite him.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jan 1 2017, 05:17 PM) *
They are solid at S although could add a better #3 S.

I think they'll be fine with Mills in the slot.

Sometimes adding a stud CB solidifies a secondary. You can sometimes get away with having an average guy on the other side.

The saddest thing about Carroll is that he was typically in decent position. There was no need to grab or interfere. How do you teach a veteran who has been doing that for years?

True.

So many times all he needs to do is turn and look for the ball.

It's amazing.

I've watched 40+ years of pro football with our CB's looking for the ball and then the last four years,nope, it's like it's a penalty or something.
Eyrie
I think we need to look for our #1 CB in the draft.

Recent attempts to get one in FA have not worked well (Asomugha, Maxwell).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.