Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I use the 1-2-3 defense this week, with a blitz spritzer
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
We used to do this back in the day when you wanted to inflict pain on the other team.

Granted, it was more effective when there were no pads worn in the neighborhood rivalry tackle games but it still should work.

Every RB, WR, TE and QB needs to be hit three times when he has the ball.

First guy wraps him and holds him up and yells "one".

The next guy hits him hard and yells "two".

The third guy hits him on the way down and yells "three".

Every play, every fucking play.

After a while, those guys will be taking dives to avoid hits.

You blitz the QB early and often. You hit him as legally as you can.

You make them realize as early as possible how stupid it is to play their starters.

Then you take control of the game and win it.

If not for themselves, then for me.

If I can't have a SB, if I have to watch 2 or 3 NFC east teams in the playoffs, I want the satisfaction that my team has the nastiness to inflict pain on my enemy.

It's been 56 years, and about 40 of my 52 years.

They owe me that satisfaction.
Reality Fan
You are so mean......lol
The Franchise
You can't do that in the league these days, unless your opponent is stupid enough to run a Spurrier-style offense. It's tough to admit, but Buddy Ryan probably wouldn't be allowed in the league now.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2016, 11:39 PM) *
You can't do that in the league these days, unless your opponent is stupid enough to run a Spurrier-style offense. It's tough to admit, but Buddy Ryan probably wouldn't be allowed in the league now.

As long as the whistle isn't blown for the play being dead, you can absolutely do that.

You will definitely get two hits all of the time and three hits most.

Hits on the QB?

Well, it isn't like we haven't endured a few 15 yard penalties this year already. You just make them valid ones instead of ticky tack ones. If it's 15,yards for braising his helmet with a finger and 15 yards for a pile drive into the turf, give me the Rick Flair version!
Birdman420
As much as the fans hate this, the players in the NFL are generally friends regardless of what team they are on. I doubt anyone would do this these days because they care about one thing only " $$$$" and they don't want to intentionally take that from a fellow employee.

They play the way they are told to until the whistle blows, big hits are more accidents then intentional these days. Delivering big hits is just as risky for the hitter then the player being hit.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Dec 28 2016, 06:43 PM) *
As much as the fans hate this, the players in the NFL are generally friends regardless of what team they are on. I doubt anyone would do this these days because they care about one thing only " $$$$" and they don't want to intentionally take that from a fellow employee.

They play the way they are told to until the whistle blows, big hits are more accidents then intentional these days. Delivering big hits is just as risky for the hitter then the player being hit.

Sadly, probably true. sad.gif

But there are instances when the hate is real, last week's PIT-BAL game for example.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.