Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To all The Andy Reid disbelievers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
I will agree he made some bad game time mistakes .
Look were the Chiefs are now.
Spoiled milk is hard to drink, could that have been us ? We will never know.

Eyrie
I liked Reid as a coach but he was here long enough that if it had been going to happen then it would have done so. One SuperBowl appearance in 14 years tells its own story.

It was the right time for him to go and, since he's in the AFC now, I have no problem wishing him well except when his team plays us.
nephillymike
Andy Reid found Jesus.

His team is 17th in rushing attempts per game and 23rd in passing attempts per game.

This was a guy who, when he left here, had the highest ever pass to run ratio in the NFL for coaches with at least five years experience.

His play calling has matured from that standpoint.

The other thing you will see, is that they use a thing called play action. Smith had more properly executed play action passes last night than McNabb had in his career. The fundamentals of McNabb's play action was below that of my nephew's 100 pounder football team. That was coaching.

He has learned a few things in that regard.

What he has not learned is how to manage a clock, or make quick decisions to get plays in quicker. Unless they blow teams out, he will be at a significant disadvantage in close games.

Maybe all those years ago, if he would have just listened to my plea:

RUN THE DAMN BALL ANDY

things may have been different.

Dreagon
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Dec 25 2016, 10:53 PM) *

No, take it from an outsider looking in...that couldn't have been you. Andy Reid and the Eagles/fanbase had reached the point of irreconcilable differences and divorce was the only way out. Yes, he's still a good coach, but he had hit a wall in Philly and I think the fanbase realized it before he did. It ended the only way it could. He got another job and you guys are exploring other directions.
The Franchise
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Dec 26 2016, 12:53 AM) *
I will agree he made some bad game time mistakes .

Umm actually, we know quite well what it's like to win 11 games and lose in the playoffs because of boneheaded coaching decisions and play calling. Look where they are now - are you fucking serious?

If they gave out awards for regular season wins against shit teams, he'd be king of the world.

Instead, he's the Lord of No Rings. He will never win a Super Bowl, because his coaching flaws make it impossible for him to win 3-4 games in a row against elite teams in January/February.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2016, 07:33 PM) *
Umm actually, we know quite well what it's like to win 11 games and lose in the playoffs because of boneheaded coaching decisions and play calling. Look where they are now - are you fucking serious?

If they gave out awards for regular season wins against shit teams, he'd be king of the world.

Instead, he's the Lord of No Rings. He will never win a Super Bowl, because his coaching flaws make it impossible for him to win 3-4 games in a row against elite teams in January/February.

Sometimes you just half to stop and think....

This year KC has beaten:
Raiders Twice (11-4)
Broncos twice (8-7)
Falcons (10-5)

I can understand that fans wanted to part ways with Reid but he is a good coach. A lot of winning a SB is luck...he had some pretty bad luck. There is one year, the year we lost to Tampa in the Playoffs, that I blame his coaching. other than that they just got the short end of the injury stick.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 27 2016, 11:29 PM) *
Sometimes you just half to stop and think....

This year KC has beaten:
Raiders Twice (11-4)
Broncos twice (8-7)
Falcons (10-5)

I can understand that fans wanted to part ways with Reid but he is a good coach. A lot of winning a SB is luck...he had some pretty bad luck. There is one year, the year we lost to Tampa in the Playoffs, that I blame his coaching. other than that they just got the short end of the injury stick.

Nobody has ever denied that he's a good coach. I've said that he's the best in the business in terms of admin. duties, i.e. Monday-Saturday coaching - which also ties into his record after the bye week. He will go anywhere and build a competent team - but he will never win a ring for the reasons I've stated, and the things we saw for 14 years. I think Pederson's situational coaching may be even worse from what I've seen.
JeeQ
Andy Reid is still the best coach we've had since Andy Reid

But...

He still deserved to be released when he did
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 26 2016, 05:05 AM) *
I liked Reid as a coach but he was here long enough that if it had been going to happen then it would have done so. One SuperBowl appearance in 14 years tells its own story.

It was the right time for him to go and, since he's in the AFC now, I have no problem wishing him well except when his team plays us.

Agreed. Andy even said it himself. Change is a good thing. It was time for him to leave. Actually it was past time for him to leave by at least one year.

He ran his course here, and did one hell of a job while he was here as far as I am concerned.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2016, 07:33 PM) *

And if/when he does win a SB, you'll say he was just lucky.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Dec 25 2016, 11:53 PM) *
could that have been us ?

It was us; plenty of times with Andy.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 28 2016, 06:11 PM) *

He wouldn't be wrong. Any team that wins is a combination of luck, proper execution and good coaching.
The Franchise
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 28 2016, 07:11 PM) *

He'll never win one, so I'm not worried about what my reaction will be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.