Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I want for Christmas
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
GroundedBird
Is for Nelson Agholor and Dorial Green Beckam to learn to get open and catch the ball.

I'd rather not need to draft another WR this year.
Joegrane
I so agree with you.

The one that kills me is Agholor still does not know how to run a simple Out! He just turns around--a little button hook.

When Mattews runs the Out, he does not just turn and run to the side line. He actually runs back a little--looses a couple of yards. I bet if we drew some lines on a photo of the play, his route would create a right-angle with the flight of the ball from CW. This means that typically the DB would have to run *through* the WR to get to the ball for an INT. Even though this route gives up a few yards, I like it for its better protection against a pick-6.

Nelson A with his agility and length, but slender frame should be very good at this route. However it seems that he either runs it incorrectly or it ends up being a circus play. I can recall two times this year that there were challenges; however, he actually held on.

He is frustrating because he has the physical skills. Hopefully over time CW and the coaches will find a list of things NA is comfortable doing with repetitive accuracy. Maybe this will happen if CW and the WRs go to Arizona or similar for a vacation together this Summer. McNabb used to do that with his WRs. I think SamB did that with a couple of the guys last Summer.

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Dec 25 2016, 09:09 AM) *
Is for Nelson Agholor and Dorial Green Beckam to learn to get open and catch the ball.

The Franchise
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Dec 25 2016, 10:09 AM) *

We have holes at a bunch of positions, and I frankly don't have much confidence in Roseman. Draft the best available WR in the 1st round, and hope he doesn't suck. What else can we do? Agholor and DGB aren't up to the task here.
nephillymike
I want a GM who can evaluate talent and a coach who plays the deserving players regardless of draft slot or previous relationships.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 25 2016, 09:36 PM) *
We have holes at a bunch of positions, and I frankly don't have much confidence in Roseman. Draft the best available WR in the 1st round, and hope he doesn't suck. What else can we do? Agholor and DGB aren't up to the task here.
WR, CB, LB are the most pressing needs and they need to draft BPA at position of need, not force a WR if he's not there. This is the reason they hired Douglas and Weidl, to give Roseman the information and counsel he needs to make the best decision for the team. I am really, really hoping that those two turn out to be brilliant at their jobs.

Both DGB and Agholor need their heads worked on. Both have the talent and skills to be good receivers if the control system can be fixed. The team needs to hit on a couple of late round picks who will turn into solid contributors and hit on the early picks instead of McDougling them. Roseman needs to listen to his experts and add one or two of his "deals".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.