Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wentz week by week by the numbers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Here is the week by week passer rating of Wentz and where that ranks among the YTD passer rating of NFL QB with enough attempts to be eligible for the passing title:

Wk.. Rate........Rnk

3 times above average.
5 times last in the league
8 times bottom five.

This is with the 8th best run blocking line, and the 14th best pass blocking line, the 6th best defense and the best special teams. (Per PFF)

Many a rookie has had a lesser supporting cast and produced more.

We all think our WR suck, but then the head coach speaks volumes and plays Agholar 96% of the offensive plays and sits Turner and plays Treggs 2% of the plays and the coach, by his actions, says it's the QB that is the issue, not Agholar.

Amazing.

Other snap count % of interest:

Burton 29%
DGB 48%
Bradham 100%
McKelvin 93%
Carroll 74%
Cox 74%
Mills 74%
Barwin 73%
Graham 71%
Logan 55%
Watkins 42%
Curry 38%
Allen 33%
Smith 29%
Vaeao 25%
Kendricks 16%
Tulloch 7%
Brooks 3%

Kendricks is done here.
Barwin is still playing
Curry, pretty bad.
Bradham 100%, impressive.

Joegrane
I bet Pedey is giving NelsonA every opportunity to become an NFL WR. They have to decide what to do going forward.

CW certainly does not look as bad as his numbers. I suppose that is because we see the lack of separation and drops.

Yes, Bradham has been a pleasant surprise.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 24 2016, 03:33 PM) *
Here is the week by week passer rating of Wentz and where that ranks among the YTD passer rating of NFL QB with enough attempts to be eligible for the passing title:
This is with the 8th best run blocking line, and the 14th best pass blocking line, the 6th best defense and the best special teams. (Per PFF)

Many a rookie has had a lesser supporting cast and produced more.

We all think our WR suck, but then the head coach speaks volumes and plays Agholar 96% of the offensive plays and sits Turner and plays Treggs 2% of the plays and the coach, by his actions, says it's the QB that is the issue, not Agholar.

Amazing.

The Franchise
His worst games have been against teams with rock solid passing defenses - Seattle, NY, Minny, Cincinnati and Baltimore. And who the hell cares what our run blocking is ranked, when we don't run the fucking ball?

I'm not trying to make excuses for CW. A large chunk of his picks have been poorly thrown balls that have sailed - as others have pointed out here, it's basically the opposite of McNabb's worm-burners that haunted him throughout his career, but you can get away with a worm-burner because they don't get picked off. CW has to take care of that issue or he won't make it in this league.

Pederson hasn't helped at all with his play calling, and CW has nobody to throw to. Give him a playmaker and then let's see what his rating is. 78.2 with this receiving corps and no L. Johnson most of the year is not something I'll crucify him over.

Joegrane
It seems that quite a few of his picks have been on deep balls, essentially equivalent to a punt.

Did he throw any pick-6s, maybe one early in the first Giant's game?

His most damaging picks have tended to be early in games. That is unlike M Sanchez who seemed to throw them in the 4th qt.

I much prefer McNabb's low-balls over the middle. When your WR is going over the middle and the ball is low, he tends to be in a more protected position, especially with today's rules.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 24 2016, 08:25 PM) *
His worst games have been against teams with rock solid passing defenses - Seattle, NY, Minny, Cincinnati and Baltimore. And who the hell cares what our run blocking is ranked, when we don't run the fucking ball?

I'm not trying to make excuses for CW. A large chunk of his picks have been poorly thrown balls that have sailed - as others have pointed out here, it's basically the opposite of McNabb's worm-burners that haunted him throughout his career, but you can get away with a worm-burner because they don't get picked off. CW has to take care of that issue or he won't make it in this league.

Pederson hasn't helped at all with his play calling, and CW has nobody to throw to. Give him a playmaker and then let's see what his rating is. 78.2 with this receiving corps and no L. Johnson most of the year is not something I'll crucify him over.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.