Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Samantha Badford...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Forever .500 And Under...
Joegrane
From the highlights Sam did not seem to play a bad game. They put up 25 pts with that messed up O Line.
https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&a...DuBh8QMQgL#sh=0

I wish we had receivers like those QBs have.

I don't know what happened to the vaunted Mn defense but they were leaving GB WRs wide open.

Whatever was wrong with Rodgers early in the season is long gone.

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 24 2016, 03:27 PM) *
Forever .500 And Under...

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 24 2016, 08:05 PM) *
From the highlights Sam did not seem to play a bad game. They put up 25 pts with that messed up O Line.
https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&a...DuBh8QMQgL#sh=0

I wish we had receivers like those QBs have.

I don't know what happened to the vaunted Mn defense but they were leaving GB WRs wide open.

Whatever was wrong with Rodgers early in the season is long gone.

It is funny to hear people here whine about the O line of the Eagles and the WRs as well. Minny had Peterson at RB and Diggs at WR and that was it....They both got hurt...Peterson out and Diggs missed games and played hurt when he played and their O line was injury after injury. Some guys are just snakebit......hard to believe a guy can have that kind of bad luck. I guess he can take solace in the fact that he got paid. What I don't get is anyone with a brain watching Bradford play and calling him Samantha...complete idiocy. The guy gets hammered play after play and just keeps going.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 24 2016, 09:05 PM) *

the Vike's DBs went ROGUE on the field

when the coach got wind of it he told them to stop...they didnt
nephillymike
By the numbers, he is the 7th ranked QB in passer rating.

It looks impressive at first sight.

And, matter of fact, provided no monumental collapse in game #16, would have gotten RF more wings and beers at my expense this year, if not for his lack of confidence in his favorite signal caller after the trade.

And I will acknowledge that we'd have one or two more wins with him rather than Wentz this year. He is an accurate thrower when he has an ultra clean pocket. Breathe on him, not so much. He has no escapability, no leg strength to break any tackle, no desire to run at all and taking the extra risk.

However, watching him play must be infuriating. I have only watched him play three entire games and maybe a combined one or two others when you add up all the parts of games that I watched. So those five and what I saw last year don't make me an expert by any stretch, but more Sam experience than most. His deal is the quick first option read short pass with run after catch. Those games I saw, I never remember so many hollow yards. Third and ten, throw the quick three yard pass and the guy gets four YAC and results in a fourth and three punt. Hollow yards. The D will give you seven yards on third and ten every day of the week and Sleeves will gladly take them, one more completion to get that completion % up, seven yards in an attempt to raise that up, a nice tidy 100 passer rating for that one pass. But the D wins that battle. My son and I had a running joke, on third down we'd guess how short the pass would be in front of the marker. He surprised even us with his consistency in that. And it wasn't like it was a third read, hang in the pocket then check down. It was a quick glance downfield and then check down. One second and check it down. These were instances when the team needed him to throw it to the sticks, hang in there, maybe step up in the pocket or take a shot after holding the ball an extra second and make the right throw. That's not Sam.

Even after watching him have a very good year on paper, and our rookie be the worst QB in the league the last two thirds of the year, I am more convinced than when we made the deal that getting rid of Sam was the right thing to do. This is even so with my doubts about Wentz. Wentz may not be the one good enough to get us a SB, but Sam definitely was not.

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

56 years and counting.

Tick tock, tick tock........
nephillymike
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Dec 25 2016, 10:51 AM) *
the Vike's DBs went ROGUE on the field

when the coach got wind of it he told them to stop...they didnt

That's amazing.

Zimmer has lost the room.

Might bode well for another Minny loss next week and improvement of our draft spot.
rumply
Bradford is proving more durable than most expected him to be & yes, he will finish the season with numbers that look ok, well on paper at least.

I hear Sam is a good golfer...funny that, he looks like one tongue.gif
Joegrane
RF, check out the highlights at the link I provided. MN WR, Adam T was making contested catches, nice plays. Those are better than anything we see here in Philly.
http://www.nfl.com/player/adamthielen/2541785/profile

" Adam Thielen pulled off a convincing Nelson impersonation. Bypassing Stefon Diggs for the season lead in receiving yards (960), Thielen enjoyed the game of his life with 12 receptions for 202 yards and two touchdowns -"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000076...ed-from-week-16

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 24 2016, 11:39 PM) *
It is funny to hear people here whine about the O line of the Eagles and the WRs as well. Minny had Peterson at RB and Diggs at WR and that was it....They both got hurt...Peterson out and Diggs missed games and played hurt when he played and their O line was injury after injury. Some guys are just snakebit......hard to believe a guy can have that kind of bad luck. I guess he can take solace in the fact that he got paid. What I don't get is anyone with a brain watching Bradford play and calling him Samantha...complete idiocy. The guy gets hammered play after play and just keeps going.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 25 2016, 08:26 PM) *
RF, check out the highlights at the link I provided. MN WR, Adam T was making contested catches, nice plays. Those are better than anything we see here in Philly.
http://www.nfl.com/player/adamthielen/2541785/profile

" Adam Thielen pulled off a convincing Nelson impersonation. Bypassing Stefon Diggs for the season lead in receiving yards (960), Thielen enjoyed the game of his life with 12 receptions for 202 yards and two touchdowns -"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000076...ed-from-week-16

I watched the game....and Theilen made one spectacular catch on the sideline...the others were good to average catches. And Theilen has been a decent WR.....Missing Diggs and having a horrible decimated O Line has been too much no real RB since Peterson got hurt.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 25 2016, 11:50 AM) *
By the numbers, he is the 7th ranked QB in passer rating.

It looks impressive at first sight.

And, matter of fact, provided no monumental collapse in game #16, would have gotten RF more wings and beers at my expense this year, if not for his lack of confidence in his favorite signal caller after the trade.

And I will acknowledge that we'd have one or two more wins with him rather than Wentz this year. He is an accurate thrower when he has an ultra clean pocket. Breathe on him, not so much. He has no escapability, no leg strength to break any tackle, no desire to run at all and taking the extra risk.

However, watching him play must be infuriating. I have only watched him play three entire games and maybe a combined one or two others when you add up all the parts of games that I watched. So those five and what I saw last year don't make me an expert by any stretch, but more Sam experience than most. His deal is the quick first option read short pass with run after catch. Those games I saw, I never remember so many hollow yards. Third and ten, throw the quick three yard pass and the guy gets four YAC and results in a fourth and three punt. Hollow yards. The D will give you seven yards on third and ten every day of the week and Sleeves will gladly take them, one more completion to get that completion % up, seven yards in an attempt to raise that up, a nice tidy 100 passer rating for that one pass. But the D wins that battle. My son and I had a running joke, on third down we'd guess how short the pass would be in front of the marker. He surprised even us with his consistency in that. And it wasn't like it was a third read, hang in the pocket then check down. It was a quick glance downfield and then check down. One second and check it down. These were instances when the team needed him to throw it to the sticks, hang in there, maybe step up in the pocket or take a shot after holding the ball an extra second and make the right throw. That's not Sam.

Even after watching him have a very good year on paper, and our rookie be the worst QB in the league the last two thirds of the year, I am more convinced than when we made the deal that getting rid of Sam was the right thing to do. This is even so with my doubts about Wentz. Wentz may not be the one good enough to get us a SB, but Sam definitely was not.

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

56 years and counting.

Tick tock, tick tock........

Dude...you are on Crack.....even in the Green Bay game....I guess Theilen's long TD was a 7 yard pass?....What I find funny is listening to people carp about Lane Johnson and how much it hurt the team while the Vikes played about 8 guys at tackles thanks to injury....they O line situation made us look like a ridiculously healthy strength. Lose your starting RB and have your top WR hobbled all year....too funny.

There is no question that Bradford is snake bit....just look at their injury list. The trades are what they are and we will get what we get but Bradford did not just look good on paper...he just looked good while getting routinely hammered game in and game out.
Joegrane
I read that it was just in the first half. supposedly in the second half they did what they were instructed to do and it worked pretty well.

It may turn out to be a learning point for the DBs who might have cost them the game.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 25 2016, 11:52 AM) *
That's amazing.

Zimmer has lost the room.

Might bode well for another Minny loss next week and improvement of our draft spot.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.