Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WR, CB, C/OG
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
We could actually use 2 WRS. I'd love to put Matthews back in the slot. One of these should be our first round pick, the other a premium FA pickup.

Gotta pick CB in the second. Need a talented guy better than Carroll or Leodis or Mills.

I appreciate what Kelce has done for us, but he gives up pressure on almost every passing play. Need to replace him. I'm ok with giving Wiz a try and drafting a G, or jsut straight up drafting a C in the 3rd.

After that, I'd like to see another WR, another CB, and then in the late rounds a TE and DE.

Joegrane
I'd prefer....

CB in Rd 1

Feature RB in Rd 2

Then backup depth at ...

DE. I assume Barwin and his big contract will be gone.

Safety.

Blocking TE. Love Celek but he seems so slow that many DTs could cover him.

LB

OG/OT, maybe 2. I'm okay with having Wiz back but he may find a better fit elsewhere. I've had enough of Tobin.

I'd rather them sign a FA WR and continue to let NA and especially DGB develop. Unfortunately I don't think they will be able to attract a significant FA WR because of the strength of the NFC East. I think this team will be somewhat like the pre Super Bowl teams during the McNabb era that were weak at WR before TO came to town.

Seumalo is the OC of the future. You'll read in some draft reports that he is a better OC prospect than OG.

I think Mills is a keeper at slot CB. I would not have a problem with Carroll being back at one corner. If McKelvin is back it will only be to mentor the rookie.

QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 23 2016, 10:09 AM) *
We could actually use 2 WRS. I'd love to put Matthews back in the slot. One of these should be our first round pick, the other a premium FA pickup.

Gotta pick CB in the second. Need a talented guy better than Carroll or Leodis or Mills.

I appreciate what Kelce has done for us, but he gives up pressure on almost every passing play. Need to replace him. I'm ok with giving Wiz a try and drafting a G, or jsut straight up drafting a C in the 3rd.

After that, I'd like to see another WR, another CB, and then in the late rounds a TE and DE.

Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 23 2016, 10:09 AM) *

I think they're hoping their RT and C are on the roster in Seumalo and Vaitai. Can Kelse be effective as a backup G? He can sure pull. They're pretty tight on the cap, starting at ($867,312). They'll have to do some trimming: Barwin $7,750,000, Kendricks $1,800,000, Kelse $3,800,000, McKelvin $3,200,000, Smith $1,483,515. That's $18,033,515 if my math adds up, and they'll need about $6,882,532 for rookies, leaving maybe $10 mil for FA signings. They'll not only need a CB and WR but a LB to replace Kendricks. Sounds like maybe one good player and two second tier players. I keep thinking of the Douglas/Weidl hirings and hope they were good ones.
Zero
Add another $4 mil for Ryan Mathews. I like him when he's healthy but that has never happened. Add another need for the offense too. For those counting, that should yield cap room of roughly between $16 mil and $20 mil.
GroundedBird
(deleted duplicate)
GroundedBird
Deleted duplicate
GroundedBird
We have a lot of holes. It might be nice to address the WR and RB issues; but I've been wondering if CB is more needed than a DT.

Why a DT? Currently Cox is facing double/triple team. If there is a DT that is good enough to take some of that attention off Cox then we might have a really dominating DL.

A really good DT will help the pass rush, thereby helping the DBs.

A really good DT will also help the run defense.

Apparently Bennie isn't good enough to take the attention off Cox. We need a better one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.