Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going for it!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Play to win.
nephillymike
Can't have the RB go air Bourne there from 3 yards out
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 22 2016, 10:36 PM) *
Can't have the RB go air Bourne there from 3 yards out

Of course it was a bad play call. It didn't work.
The Franchise
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 22 2016, 11:34 PM) *
Play to win.

You 'play to win' by making sound decisions, such as taking the easy field goal to go up 8 points. Or, by running the ball on 3rd and 5 in the last 2 minutes of the game to force the Giants to take their final timeout (assuming you don't get the 1st down), instead of calling a stupid bomb down field. I half expected the ensuing punt to be a fake. This is like playing Madden with my nephew.

It was a great win despite Pederson's best efforts to turn it into a heartbreaking loss, but holy Jeebus this coach is terrible.
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 23 2016, 12:08 AM) *
You 'play to win' by making sound decisions, such as taking the easy field goal to go up 8 points. Or, by running the ball on 3rd and 5 in the last 2 minutes of the game to force the Giants to take their final timeout (assuming you don't get the 1st down), instead of calling a stupid bomb down field. I half expected the ensuing punt to be a fake. This is like playing Madden with my nephew.

It was a great win despite Pederson's best efforts to turn it into a heartbreaking loss, but holy Jeebus this coach is terrible.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Your conservative approach is one way to win...or maybe it's just a way not to lose.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 23 2016, 12:08 AM) *

If not for Jenkins second INT going for the TD instead of the FG could have cost them the game ... again. I like being aggressive but he has to be smart too. It seems we're outnumbered here, but I still think he takes chances he shouldn't. When the team is actually playing meaningful games I bet the consensus is different.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 23 2016, 06:11 AM) *
If not for Jenkins second INT going for the TD instead of the FG could have cost them the game ... again. I like being aggressive but he has to be smart too. It seems we're outnumbered here, but I still think he takes chances he shouldn't. When the team is actually playing meaningful games I bet the consensus is different.

Right. If Eli doesn't overthrow ODB with 20 seconds left, the mood here is much different because of that extra timeout gifted to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.