Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are all those "Murray is done" Guys?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
Funny how that is distant memory...

Not to mention Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonzo......Both playing very well for Miami as they win 8 of 9

Howie the talent evaluator....why worry?.....
GroundedBird
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 22 2016, 04:15 PM) *

Not to mention Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonzo......Both playing very well for Miami as they win 8 of 9

Even though Murray was misused by Chip, I never really felt good about him being on the team. I guess it was the Dallas connection. Then when he flopped instead of trying to make the extra yard, I was finished with him and happy to see him go.

Maxwell never seemed to be upset whenever he was burnt so I got the impression that he was just in it for the paycheck.

Alonzo, he seemed serviceable but a little light for his position.

I liked Alonzo and would have kept him but I'm okay with letting the other two go.
Dreagon
I think Chip Kelly poisoned the situation with Murray; first by misusing him, and then by him being Kelly's choice after Kelly was gone. He's still a good runner, but it's probable that by that time it was the best for both sides for him and the Eagles to go their separate ways.

I wonder if Kelly will ever get another NFL gig after he is done with SF?
Reality Fan
Murray tweaked a Hammy in camp and that affected him through the first few games.....that led some to believe he was slow, foolish and a demonstration of a lack of understanding of the injury, and that is what he would be going forward. He was just so poorly utilized it was ridiculous.

As things play out it really is looking like only the injury to Bridgewater saved Howie from looking like a total idiot.

We wait until next year to see if Wentz can adjust...there is a good chance he will. Ertz is still a mediocre TE that can't break a tackle and is an OK blocker but getting paid like a stud. We have no young RB who looks like he can takeover. Curry hardly played. The list goes on.....and this is the guy to lead the rebuild? So sad.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 22 2016, 05:37 PM) *
I think Chip Kelly poisoned the situation with Murray; first by misusing him, and then by him being Kelly's choice after Kelly was gone. He's still a good runner, but it's probable that by that time it was the best for both sides for him and the Eagles to go their separate ways.

I wonder if Kelly will ever get another NFL gig after he is done with SF?

Sometimes it takes an "outsider" to be objective. I was down on all three when they left. They all stunk the joint up and showed no remorse or embarrassment. In retrospect I agree it was probably Kelly but I'm not sure they would have done anything if they had stayed because of what had happened. I think they were poisoned.

I was wrong, Kelly was wrong. We're free of Kelly but this board still needs to suffer with me. tongue.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 22 2016, 04:15 PM) *

I was thinking about this the other day when Murray was named to the Pro Bowl and Maxwell was listed as a deserving player who got snubbed.

At the end of the year when we do a hindsight analysis, I think it will be a bleak picture.

We'll see.
Joegrane
If Wentz is a solid QB for ten years, Howie will look fine, even without the picks for SamB.

We'll likely see what Curry can do next year after Barwin and his big contract are gone. I assume Curry and Marcus Smith will handle most of the duties on one side.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 22 2016, 06:21 PM) *

As things play out it really is looking like only the injury to Bridgewater saved Howie from looking like a total idiot.

We wait until next year to see if Wentz can adjust...there is a good chance he will. Ertz is still a mediocre TE that can't break a tackle and is an OK blocker but getting paid like a stud. We have no young RB who looks like he can takeover. Curry hardly played. The list goes on.....and this is the guy to lead the rebuild? So sad.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 23 2016, 11:26 AM) *
If Wentz is a solid QB for ten years, Howie will look fine, even without the picks for SamB.

We'll likely see what Curry can do next year after Barwin and his big contract are gone. I assume Curry and Marcus Smith will handle most of the duties on one side.

I think you are very correct......the thing with Curry is that he has been limited in playing time because of Barwin....I am hopeful that Curry is another Brandon Graham story.
Richardovellee
I know your still out there...where are all you great role players
Rick
Murray can eat a fat one. He got hurt, yes, however, he didn't work all that hard to get back. He also never really wanted to be in Philly and showed it in his lackluster play. F him.

Alonso is still over-rated. It was stupid to trade for him...at least giving up Shady for him.

What can you say about Maxwell? When is the last time someone in the secondary played well in Philly? It's some kind of curse that affects these guys when they play there. Then, they get rid of them, and the player plays well elsewhere.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 26 2016, 07:33 AM) *
Murray can eat a fat one. He got hurt, yes, however, he didn't work all that hard to get back. He also never really wanted to be in Philly and showed it in his lackluster play. F him.

Alonso is still over-rated. It was stupid to trade for him...at least giving up Shady for him.

What can you say about Maxwell? When is the last time someone in the secondary played well in Philly? It's some kind of curse that affects these guys when they play there. Then, they get rid of them, and the player plays well elsewhere.

He didn't work hard? Really? Were you his trainer? I have to laugh at silly statements like that uttered as if fact. Try running and cutting with a strained Hamstring....it changes the dynamic of everything you do. And the "he never really wanted to be in Philly" thing is another bizarre statement. Players don't generally give a shit about where they are playing, just that they get paid. What was pretty clear is that he became very disillusioned by his coach and how he was being used. Can't say I blame him.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 26 2016, 01:53 PM) *
He didn't work hard? Really? Were you his trainer? I have to laugh at silly statements like that uttered as if fact. Try running and cutting with a strained Hamstring....it changes the dynamic of everything you do. And the "he never really wanted to be in Philly" thing is another bizarre statement. Players don't generally give a shit about where they are playing, just that they get paid. What was pretty clear is that he became very disillusioned by his coach and how he was being used. Can't say I blame him.

Well, he did have that first ever QB slide by a RB that I ever witnessed......

That didn't exude effort.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 26 2016, 02:06 PM) *
Well, he did have that first ever QB slide by a RB that I ever witnessed......

That didn't exude effort.

That was a bad move...no question....but Kelly is the one to blame for Murray's year here....you don't use a pick up truck to drag race
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 26 2016, 02:53 PM) *

Make excuses all you want. All he ever did was complain about being there, not getting the ball enough, not being used properly, blah blah blah. It's your FUCKING job to do what they tell you to do, not what you WANT to do. He got paid VERY well to do absolutely NOTHING.

Let's not forget how everyone was wondering why he was taking so long to come back from a strained hamstring.

Right, the guy is awesome....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 26 2016, 08:29 PM) *
Make excuses all you want. All he ever did was complain about being there, not getting the ball enough, not being used properly, blah blah blah. It's your FUCKING job to do what they tell you to do, not what you WANT to do. He got paid VERY well to do absolutely NOTHING.

Let's not forget how everyone was wondering why he was taking so long to come back from a strained hamstring.

Right, the guy is awesome....

and how is that guy doing now that he is "being used properly"? If you think he was used properly here or that you can use any type of runner for any type of offense than further discussion is pointless. You don't use a power runner to get outside...that is just common sense. It was said before he got here and said while he was here. And if you think there is a timetable to come back from a hammy than you have never pulled a hammy. They can be very easy or a real bitch depending on their severity.

and right...the guy is 2nd in rushing in the NFL...you must be right because he always dreamed of being the RB for the Titans......absolute genius
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 26 2016, 10:43 PM) *
and how is that guy doing now that he is "being used properly"? If you think he was used properly here or that you can use any type of runner for any type of offense than further discussion is pointless. You don't use a power runner to get outside...that is just common sense. It was said before he got here and said while he was here. And if you think there is a timetable to come back from a hammy than you have never pulled a hammy. They can be very easy or a real bitch depending on their severity.

and right...the guy is 2nd in rushing in the NFL...you must be right because he always dreamed of being the RB for the Titans......absolute genius

Right and how many people over the years performed in one city but didn't in another? For whatever reasons you want, he didn't perform in Philly. Period. He had a shit attitude. And didn't play as hard as he could have from what we've seen of him in the past versus what he did in Philly. It's an opinion for sure but you say the things about him as if they are all facts.

Good for him doing well in TN, that should get him far in life. Maybe, just maybe, if he tried a little harder to fit in around Philly, he could have done better.
Birdman420
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 26 2016, 08:33 AM) *

Asante Samuel, Mikell and Dawkins were very solid, before that Bobby Taylor. We do have a history of great secondaries but since the "Dream team" it all went south. Jenkins is a step in the right direction and I think Mckelvin and carol are decent players as well. We just don't have a shutdown CB anymore like we don't have a star WR.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 27 2016, 07:48 AM) *
Right and how many people over the years performed in one city but didn't in another? For whatever reasons you want, he didn't perform in Philly. Period. He had a shit attitude. And didn't play as hard as he could have from what we've seen of him in the past versus what he did in Philly. It's an opinion for sure but you say the things about him as if they are all facts.

Good for him doing well in TN, that should get him far in life. Maybe, just maybe, if he tried a little harder to fit in around Philly, he could have done better.

ok...let me get this straight.....he was used as a power runner should be used and excelled in Dallas....he came to Philly where pundits wondered how Kelly would use him because his offense was not suited for his style and he did poorly....ironically his best game came after Kelly was booted....and then he goes to Tenn. where he has another stellar season being used in a way that capitalizes on his style of running but those are not "facts"? Is it opinion that his only poor season of the last 3 is the one where he was used in an offense that emphasizes cutting and speed to the outside over north/south power running?

I guess we differ on what is fact....I rely on what actually happened...you rely on what fits your narrative.
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 27 2016, 02:19 PM) *
I guess we differ on what is fact....I rely on what actually happened...you rely on what fits your narrative.

Now THAT is funny.

Get over it already, he's gone and will stay gone.
The Franchise
Murray and McCoy, #3 and #4 in the league in rushing.

Without getting into it about either player, can we all just agree that Chip Kelly destroyed this franchise? And the guy who hired him, and gave him complete control over personnel, is still here.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 27 2016, 04:22 PM) *
Now THAT is funny.

Get over it already, he's gone and will stay gone.

On that we can agree.....I just don't feel the need to piss on someone after they are gone, especially guys who were kind of screwed by the coach....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2016, 07:26 PM) *

Without getting into it about either player, can we all just agree that Chip Kelly destroyed this franchise? And the guy who hired him, and gave him complete control over personnel, is still here.

Amen....While I think McCoy is a true scumbag and there are dozens of examples that are documented, not fabricated, that prove that he is still a top RB as is Murray. And somehow Howie is still here......is there any doubt that Howie has pictures of Lurie?
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2016, 08:26 PM) *

Absolutely. I said, at the time, Chipper set this franchise back 5 years. Hiring Pedersen may have set us back even further unless he can admit to the mistakes he's made this season and work to correct them.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 28 2016, 06:33 AM) *
Absolutely. I said, at the time, Chipper set this franchise back 5 years. Hiring Pedersen may have set us back even further unless he can admit to the mistakes he's made this season and work to correct them.

See...we can agree....although I don't think Pederson has been that bad but he will certainly need to be better
Phits
The blame goes to Laurie. He gave Chip the keys and canned him after a season. If you're going to ask a coach to build his team it requires more time than that.

As for Murray and McCoy, both of their teams are out of the playoffs. Individual stats are great for the player not necessarily the team. Ultimately the question is whether you would have Wentz or Murray/McCoy...logistically we couldn't have them and our franchise QB.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 27 2016, 07:26 PM) *

The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 28 2016, 04:04 PM) *
The blame goes to Laurie.

I am blaming Lurie. Others are blaming Roseman, and they aren't wrong, but Lurie put him in charge as well. As for 'giving him more than a year,' you're correct in principle, but Kelly should've never been given that amount of power at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.