Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I still find it hard to be discouraged
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Not a great game by Wentz, holes everywhere in the lineup. Dozen reasons why we should be a terrible team.

And yet, we're competitive, almost every week, against far superior teams.

In my opinion, the team has heart, and potential. We'll see how it progresses, but the rebuilding process is further along than I thought we'd be, and I'm optimistic about next year.
Joegrane
I agree with you entirely.

They were fortunate that CW has generally not looked like a rookie this year, let alone one who played against such low level competition in college. He should be at least a solid starting QB going forward.

Howie did a decent job plugging holes: nice FA OG, two picks that appear to be at least solid contributors on the O Line, a RB who appears to be a contributor over the long term, a steal at slot CB in a late round.

Howie & Schwartz plugged some holes with a solid FA S and some of his old buddies, unfortunately McKelvin has not been healthy enough to contribute much.

I think this team would be competing for a playoff spot if they had a solid WR like J Maclin, L Johnson at OT and if N Agholor was just an okay #3 WR rather than a bust. Sadly it appears that five years from now we will say Riley Cooper had a much better career than NA.

QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 19 2016, 04:26 PM) *
Not a great game by Wentz, holes everywhere in the lineup. Dozen reasons why we should be a terrible team.

In my opinion, the team has heart, and potential. We'll see how it progresses, but the rebuilding process is further along than I thought we'd be, and I'm optimistic about next year.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 19 2016, 05:05 PM) *
I agree with you entirely.

They were fortunate that CW has generally not looked like a rookie this year, let alone one who played against such low level competition in college. He should be at least a solid starting QB going forward.

Howie did a decent job plugging holes: nice FA OG, two picks that appear to be at least solid contributors on the O Line, a RB who appears to be a contributor over the long term, a steal at slot CB in a late round.

Howie & Schwartz plugged some holes with a solid FA S and some of his old buddies, unfortunately McKelvin has not been healthy enough to contribute much.

I think this team would be competing for a playoff spot if they had a solid WR like J Maclin, L Johnson at OT and if N Agholor was just an okay #3 WR rather than a bust. Sadly it appears that five years from now we will say Riley Cooper had a much better career than NA.

other than the first 3 games I think Wentz has looked very much like a rookie, especially of late but that is ok....I am a little disappointed because I feel when you move up in the fashion the product should be a stud but it is what it is now and he was not a terrible rookie...just a decent rookie.....there is some hope there. If he is just a solid starter than they failed big time trading up for him in the manner they did......he needs to be above average at the very least.

This team is competitive because they do have talent.......if they get a good CB much of the defense improves....and much like a good WR benefits any team, they instantly get better if they get a good one next year....not sure where that comes from but those 2 spots can change this team considerably. The line is not horrible...much better than many NFL o lines....and the WRs are serviceable, actually better than last year.....we just don't have a stud. Having that go to guy would make most of the rest ok.....or having a TE that shows up for the first 10 games each year
JeeQ
No matter how bad the games go I've enjoyed watching Wentz this year. You can tell there's something there and I'm just praying his talent doesn't get wasted while we're waiting for other talent to show up (see: McNabb) and that he can stop taking so many damn hits and ruin his health ( see: McNabb again)
SAM I Am
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 19 2016, 04:26 PM) *

Agreed. And as much as people don't want to hear it, it is a rebuilding process, and this is year one of it. Now I want to see steady progress from here on out.

In the off season I would focus strictly on getting Wentz as much protection and as many playmakers as I can.

As for the defense, fuck it, just try bringing in a new backfield without using any high draft picks or spending money that would take away from building the offense. Whatever they bring in can't be any worse. Sure the current batch makes some plays, but like the O line, the aren't consistent.

Special teams is just fine the way it is.
Phits
I had minimal expectations for this season. I expected this to be a shit show. Considering how well they have played with the personnel and rookie HC/QB combination I consider this to be a successful season. I feel we are trending in the right direction. Half of our games were decided by a score. While we on the losing end of most of them, a few tweaks next season should have us on the other side of the coin.

With the shit show that Minnesota put on this season, we should have a decent first round pick because of their ineptitude. Odds are pretty good that they finish .500 or below.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 19 2016, 07:30 PM) *
I had minimal expectations for this season. I expected this to be a shit show. Considering how well they have played with the personnel and rookie HC/QB combination I consider this to be a successful season. I feel we are trending in the right direction. Half of our games were decided by a score. While we on the losing end of most of them, a few tweaks next season should have us on the other side of the coin.

With the shit show that Minnesota put on this season, we should have a decent first round pick because of their ineptitude. Odds are pretty good that they finish .500 or below.

Very true on the close games....that is important..I wish Wentz could have led a comeback or 2 for a win that would have been great....but I agree there is hope

Minny had little to do with ineptitude and much to do with an injury list nearly as long as their 53 man roster......their O line situation makes ours look like Dallas not to mention Diggs and Peterson.....and that is awesome for our draft pick position.
jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.