Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm surprise to be saying this
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I hope Pederson is fired. He's a fraud, and not because they're losing, because of the way they're losing. Taking chances is fine, taking stupid chances repeatedly hurts team morale. Let him get some more experience in high school.

I thought having three QB coaches was a real positive for a rookie QB, but Pederson is working really hard to destroy that. Good that he leaned on the running game today, most of the plays he called seemed good to DKD but going for 2 on the road instead of the tie is just plain stupid and it undermines the confidence of the players. There's too many bad things that can happen, especially against a good defense. The Eagles' D was playing really well at the end, go for the tie, show confidence in them instead of telling them you don't trust them by going for the low percentage option.

I'm really not upset with their record, but if we want to see improvement next year and on we need more talent and better coaching. I don't think Pederson is the answer and it's better to cut ties early in hopes of saving Wentz than prolonging it and having him end up a Harrington or D Carr.
JeeQ
Here's why I give Pedey another season:

The QB: He's a rookie; I know we all forgot this somewhere along the way but this is Carson Wentz's first season. Would you prefer the #1 draft pick Jared Goff instead? Didn't think so

The RBs:

Ryan Mathews - Fumbling like he always does in between missing block assignments
Darren Sproles - Out with injury
Wendell Smallwood - Out with injury
Kenjon Barner - Out with injury
Byron Marshall - Had to share the majority of snaps today; the 5th string RB off the damn practice squad

The WRs:
Jordan Matthews - Slot WR
Josh Huff: In Tampa Bay
DBG - Absolute garbage; the Titans were more than willing to get rid of him because the only WR more garbage then him is...
Nelson Agholor - the definition of bad. No hands whatsoever. Is allergic to catches
Bryce Treggs - 4th stringer off the practice squad; only WR quick enough to catch a 20+ yard pass
Paul Turner - 5th stringer off the practice squad; only WR that can catch a football

The Offensive Line:
Jason Peters - False Start
Lane Johnson - Suspended
Brandon Brooks - laugh.gif
Matt Tobin - Injured
Isaac Seumalo - Most of you didn't know he was on the team; he started today
Stefen Wisniewski - You also don't know who the fuck he is either
Halapoulivaati Vaitai - You don't know who he is and you can't spell it

I won't even talk about the defense because it's even more fucking atrocious than the offense
Zero
I agree with all of that, but Pederson is the weak link in my opinion.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 19 2016, 01:09 AM) *
I agree with all of that, but Pederson is the weak link in my opinion.

Doug Pedersen coached a good game.

I have no problem going for the win there (nothing to lose) - I'm pretty sure the players are the ones who convinced him to go for it. I think he's win big points with his players there, even if it didn't win them the game.
rumply
Got no real problem with going for the win in a game like this but agree with Zero in that can be seen as another poor decision by Pederson &, in what has been a season littered with poor decisions, he doesnt need that.

Should he stay as HC for another season? Personally I think no but only if there is an outstanding candidate to take his place & I don't know how many of those will be about when the decision needs to be made.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 18 2016, 06:29 PM) *
Here's why I give Pedey another season:

The QB: He's a rookie; I know we all forgot this somewhere along the way but this is Carson Wentz's first season. Would you prefer the #1 draft pick Jared Goff instead? Didn't think so

The RBs:

Ryan Mathews - Fumbling like he always does in between missing block assignments
Darren Sproles - Out with injury
Wendell Smallwood - Out with injury
Kenjon Barner - Out with injury
Byron Marshall - Had to share the majority of snaps today; the 5th string RB off the damn practice squad

The WRs:
Jordan Matthews - Slot WR
Josh Huff: In Tampa Bay
DBG - Absolute garbage; the Titans were more than willing to get rid of him because the only WR more garbage then him is...
Nelson Agholor - the definition of bad. No hands whatsoever. Is allergic to catches
Bryce Treggs - 4th stringer off the practice squad; only WR quick enough to catch a 20+ yard pass
Paul Turner - 5th stringer off the practice squad; only WR that can catch a football

The Offensive Line:
Jason Peters - False Start
Lane Johnson - Suspended
Brandon Brooks - laugh.gif
Matt Tobin - Injured
Isaac Seumalo - Most of you didn't know he was on the team; he started today
Stefen Wisniewski - You also don't know who the fuck he is either
Halapoulivaati Vaitai - You don't know who he is and you can't spell it

I won't even talk about the defense because it's even more fucking atrocious than the offense

I have to be honest....there are a bunch of teams in worse shape than us.....both on the line from injury and at WR either from lack of talent or injury.....you can't use it as a yardstick for the coach and an excuse for the QB and expect to be taken seriously outside of sycophantic circles.....that first INT by Wentz today was not because he has bad receivers or a bad line....it was a terrible throw and a terrible decision.

my concerns about Wentz are simple...he had a lot of chances to lead a comeback to win or tie a game at the end...he failed each time until today.....and even today it was more Matthews running and Ertz making a hell of a catch but I will take it. He is not very accurate at all downfield....he gets wild out of the pocket(he nearly lost a fumble scrambling like a maniac in the first quarter....he misses high way too much. He is a high performance car with annoying hiccups in the engine. I give him a pass for this year but that does not mean I think he is a "franchise" QB. It means he gets a pass. I have serious concerns about how good he will be though.

Where are all the 'there were guys wide open" folks? They showed it a few times during today's game. Maybe the game is too fast for him right now but he needs a lot of work. Every QB would love great WRs.....we are not getting one any time soon.
rumply
Watching the Bucs Boys game & some of the catches being pulled in just make me depressed...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 18 2016, 06:50 PM) *
I hope Pederson is fired.

He truly is awful. I actually don't have much of a problem with him going for a 2-pt. conversion at the end. It's everything else in between that bothers me about him.

He isn't going to be fired, and in all reality we have a minimum of 2 more years with him as coach. He's Andy Reid without the playoff appearances and admin skill. It's going to be a rough few years.
Rick
Sadly, he won't be fired. I realize he is somewhat hamstrung by his lack of talent on this team. But, he continues to make the same BS mistakes week in and week out.

I have no hope this team will improve much in the offseason. There are just too many hole on the offensive side of the ball.

The defense is what REALLY disappoints me. They just aren't very good. I only hope they can improve in the offseason but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Pedersen should sit Wentz now and start working on his mechanics to get a few extra weeks in on that. No reason for him to be playing now that they're (officially) out of it. But that's not going to happen i'm sure.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 19 2016, 05:12 AM) *
Sadly, he won't be fired. I realize he is somewhat hamstrung by his lack of talent on this team. But, he continues to make the same BS mistakes week in and week out.

I have no hope this team will improve much in the offseason. There are just too many hole on the offensive side of the ball.

The defense is what REALLY disappoints me. They just aren't very good. I only hope they can improve in the offseason but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Pedersen should sit Wentz now and start working on his mechanics to get a few extra weeks in on that. No reason for him to be playing now that they're (officially) out of it. But that's not going to happen i'm sure.

Why in the world would you sit him. He gains experience seeing different defenses....if you sit him now you admit he was a mistake to trade up for. He is the guy now and he needs to play.....sitting him would be the single worst thing they could do. He needs to play to maintain his psyche.
CT_Eagle
I am still on the fence regarding Pederson. He has had a few games that have left me wondering how in the hell he ever got the job and others, such as yesterday, where I thought he did a decent job. At this point I lean towards giving him time to learn on the job as well as assemble the team he wants
Joegrane
I don't think Pederson was hired to be the long-term guy here.

Lurie was looking for the anti-Chip to restore the "family" atmosphere in the locker room and keep the vets from jumping ship.

In a year when they planned to draft a QB he is a mentor for the young QB.

If he is here five years from now it will because Schwartz has a very good D and CW is carrying the O.

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 19 2016, 02:19 PM) *
I am still on the fence regarding Pederson. He has had a few games that have left me wondering how in the hell he ever got the job and others, such as yesterday, where I thought he did a decent job. At this point I lean towards giving him time to learn on the job as well as assemble the team he wants

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.