Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Before my fix post
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I was going to come on here and say it was an old fashioned ass whooping kind of a day.

I smelled an ugly 21 point listless loss.

But then the line dropped a point and a half.

Maybe someone in Vegas and Bal has given us hope?
Zero
Yeah, there was hope that we could steal a win in OT until Dastardly Doug goes for two on the road and gives away the tie and the game. mad.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 18 2016, 10:23 PM) *
Yeah, there was hope that we could steal a win in OT until Dastardly Doug goes for two on the road and gives away the tie and the game. mad.gif

I disagree.

They showed the Titans going for two and failing during the fourth quarter of our game and my reaction at that point was that they had nothing to lose so why not give it a shot?

We were in the same situation. Convert, and it's a confidence booster for everyone. Fail, and we still played well against a tough defence.

What I'd forgotten during our game but have just read elsewhere is that we next play on Thursday night, so avoiding OT on the short week would be an acceptable explanation.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 18 2016, 05:53 PM) *
I disagree.

They showed the Titans going for two and failing during the fourth quarter of our game and my reaction at that point was that they had nothing to lose so why not give it a shot?

We were in the same situation. Convert, and it's a confidence booster for everyone. Fail, and we still played well against a tough defence.

What I'd forgotten during our game but have just read elsewhere is that we next play on Thursday night, so avoiding OT on the short week would be an acceptable explanation.

Going for a low percentage option instead of a tie in that situation is telling your defense you don't have confidence they can stop B'More. Now the team is taking a bus back to Philly knowing they had a chance to win the game if they had gone into OT and Wentz is blaming himself for a bad throw. It's stupid to take a chance like that with those two things on the line. Give your defense confidence and protect your young QB's psych. Stupid, arrogant, amateurish and stupid. Did I say stupid?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.