Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got 'em right where we want 'em!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
At 5-8, the Eagles are still mathematically alive for a playoff spot. According to FPI, they face 5 million-to-1 odds. The scenario: The Eagles must win out, the Falcons, Redskins and Packers must all lose out. The Vikings must beat the Packers, but lose their other 2 games. The Buccaneers must beat the Panthers in Week 17. The Saints must lose to the Cardinals or Buccaneers. And the Cardinals must lose at least once.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 13 2016, 10:14 AM) *
At 5-8, the Eagles are still mathematically alive for a playoff spot. According to FPI, they face 5 million-to-1 odds. The scenario: The Eagles must win out, the Falcons, Redskins and Packers must all lose out. The Vikings must beat the Packers, but lose their other 2 games. The Buccaneers must beat the Panthers in Week 17. The Saints must lose to the Cardinals or Buccaneers. And the Cardinals must lose at least once.

nephillymike
Great stuff !!. Especially to a Numbers junkie like myself.

Can you post a link, I'd like to check it out.

.34x.49x.36. =.06 =6% chance of beating bal, NYG and dal per the sites.

So we have a 6% chance of handling our business.

16 to 1 odds on that.

However, to use poker parlance, we do have a "chip" and a chair so we're still in the game. Sure the blinds are $50 to our $1 chip but I say fuck it.

Shuffle up and deal !!
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 13 2016, 08:55 PM) *

Can you post a link, I'd like to check it out.

.34x.49x.36. =.06 =6% chance of beating bal, NYG and dal per the sites.

So we have a 6% chance of handling our business.

16 to 1 odds on that.

However, to use poker parlance, we do have a "chip" and a chair so we're still in the game. Sure the blinds are $50 to our $1 chip but I say fuck it.

Shuffle up and deal !!

I don't believe they have it on this page any longer but this is where I saw it this morning:

-->clicky<--
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 13 2016, 07:55 PM) *

This isn't a playoff team. I want to see improvement and development, and better coaching. If that leads us to 8-8 and a brighter outlook for next year, great.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 13 2016, 09:14 PM) *
This isn't a playoff team. I want to see improvement and development, and better coaching. If that leads us to 8-8 and a brighter outlook for next year, great.

I don't think anyone here believes they should make the playoffs. It was a joke....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.