Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trey Burton
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
In an interview he says he had not practiced the long-snap since training camp or OTAs.
http://www.csnphilly.com/video/burton-talk...time-pop-warner

He was the long-snapper in Pop Warner ball and since then has been one of his team's backups at various levels.

He honestly seemed to look at it as an opportunity.

I'll take that guy on my team any day. He just makes plays.

I assume they'll draft a "blocking TE" in a middle round in the upcoming draft, but I hope they keep Burton. CW seems to have a good chemistry with him too.
xsv
He's make plays ever since he made the team. Nice to see him get the increased playing time, and he's made the most of it.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 11 2016, 10:58 PM) *
In an interview he says he had not practiced the long-snap since training camp or OTAs.
http://www.csnphilly.com/video/burton-talk...time-pop-warner

He was the long-snapper in Pop Warner ball and since then has been one of his team's backups at various levels.

He honestly seemed to look at it as an opportunity.

I'll take that guy on my team any day. He just makes plays.

I assume they'll draft a "blocking TE" in a middle round in the upcoming draft, but I hope they keep Burton. CW seems to have a good chemistry with him too.

Eyrie
Celek may be on his way out (depending on his cap hit next year) so Burton is clearly our #2 TE going forward, and a very useful all round player to have. We're used to seeing him hustle on STs, but he had the balls to step up when we needed a LS as well.

Burton may not have the raw ability on paper but he more than makes up for it with effort on the field, which is all that counts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.