Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I don't see any quit in this team
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
...yet.

As long as we beat Dallas and/or the Giants, I'm ok with how this season has gone.
Joegrane
I agree about that in this game against the Skins. That is what I was looking for most of all this week against a somewhat superior opponent that tends to match up well against them.

Last week they were of course terrible, although under-manned on O with the loss of J & R Matthews, dinged up D Sproles, issues on the O Line, etc

It was nice to see McKelvin who gave up 6 to DJaxx, get 6 himself off of a throw to DJaxx.

QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 11 2016, 08:24 PM) *
...yet.

As long as we beat Dallas and/or the Giants, I'm ok with how this season has gone.

The Franchise
QUOTE (xsv @ Dec 11 2016, 09:24 PM) *
...yet.

As long as Dallas wraps up homefield by week 17 our starters should beat their backups, in order to get a garbage win.
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 12 2016, 12:45 PM) *
As long as Dallas wraps up homefield by week 17 our starters should beat their backups, in order to get a garbage win.

Jones says they won't rest their starters. The only exception might be that Tony Romo is expected to get some playing time.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 12 2016, 01:26 PM) *
Jones says they won't rest their starters. The only exception might be that Tony Romo is expected to get some playing time.

He's saying that now - if he has homefield going into week 17, he'll rest his guys. To the best of my knowledge, the Cowboys under Jones have never gone into the final week with homefield wrapped up.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 12 2016, 01:45 PM) *

I don't want any more garbage wins. We need as premium picks as possible. If we can beat their starters, I'm all for it but I don't any pleasure out of being a sparring partner.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 12 2016, 04:39 PM) *
I don't want any more garbage wins.

Neither do I, which is why I called it a garbage win. Hopefully Dallas has to play for something, in which case I'll be rooting for our starters to beat their asses.
Joegrane
I'd like to see the Eagles be competitive in a loss in Baltimore, then beat the Giants and Cowboys with Lane Johnson present. I want them to send the message that when they get the O Line reassembled, add a WR and outside CB, they should be a playoff contending team.

My preference would be for them to use their 1st round pick on an outside CB rather than a WR. I'd rather that they sign a FA WR.

They'll need to show that they are a playoff contender when healthy in order to attract FAs.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 12 2016, 05:07 PM) *
Neither do I, which is why I called it a garbage win. Hopefully Dallas has to play for something, in which case I'll be rooting for our starters to beat their asses.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.