Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's not that I'm ok with the loss
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
For the most part the team showed up today. Eryn and Agholor looked better but the OL and long snapper did them in. I don't know why NA disappeared but when he was targeted he looked much better.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2016, 05:09 PM) *
For the most part the team showed up today. Eryn and Agholor looked better but the OL and long snapper did them in. I don't know why NA disappeared but when he was targeted he looked much better.

They came out of the gate hard and I really can't complain much about the overall performance of what is obviously a subpar team. As usual, Pederson did them no favors. That unbelievably stupid 4th and 3 attempt early in the game would've resulted in a turnover on downs, but wait! We committed a false start, forcing him to go for a field goal! It was all part of his plan. laugh.gif

I know it's his first year and he's not going anywhere for a while, but he's thrown up more red flags than a Bolshevik rally.
Dreagon
You guys played a likely wildcard team down to the wire with a rookie QB in an obvious rebuilding year. The foundation is there, it's just a matter of time and getting the right tools in place.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2016, 10:09 PM) *

There are losses and then there are losses.

Last week against the Bengals was a bad loss with no positive signs. At least this week's loss had some positives that can be built on. I'll add in a couple of sightings of Cox - maybe he did realise that he was one of the players Pederson was referring to when he criticised the lack of effort.
bwc2112
I cordially say, we aren't what we all hoped for. From here on out all we can do is be spoilers. That aspect does not even look good. I thank all of you my fellow Eagles family. I also thank Dreagon, being a Cowboys fan on this board that shows more dignity than others. (even some of our own ) .

WE ARE TRUE IN FAITH
DEEP IN SOUL
WE ARE EAGLES
TO NEVER LET GO
OUR DAY WILL COME
MAYBE AFTER I LEAVE
I HAVE FAITH AND DO BELIEVE

All have a VERY MERRY AND SAFE CHRISTMAS

Bruce Williams
AKA: bwc2112

Rick
The good was that Wentz looked good again although he still has that footwork problem. That's going to be something he'll have to work on in the offseason.

Wentz has to see that guy coming from his right side. It's right in his face and he seems to never see that guy.

I was actually impressed by NA on that one play. He caught the ball and was a man on a mission running through a tackle and almost another. Two games in a row he didn't suck.

Ertz still can't break a tackle.

And a big F YOU Chip Kelly for cutting DeSeaon Jackson. Since then, he's burnt us in EVERY game he's played against us.

This is about the team I expected all year. Potential to be good but not quite there. Can't feel good about a loss but their last 2 games were just ugly.
nephillymike
I thought the effort was there except for one glaring play.

Jackson on McKelvin, one on one.

McLeod the safety on the play, but I'm not sure if he was supposed to be over the top help. For his sake, let's say he's not.

While Jackson is tracking the ball and McK is on him, McLeod slows to a jog, watches Jackson make a catch none of WR's can make this side of Riley Cooper, and then even though he is fairly close to Jackson, rather than race to him and tackle him at the goal line (yes a TD but you are legally allowed to punish him at the goal line), he slows down even more.

If he sprints as soon as he realizes DJ and McK are going for it with nobody behind him, he tackles DJ 5 or so yards after the catch. If he hustles after the catch, he tackles DJ at the goal and maybe knocks him out of the game.

He does neither.

Weak and unacceptable. (And I was fine with last week's play at the goal line that drew some attention.)

The line of the game:

Kerrigan beats the backup to the backup to the backup for the sack.

Why the hell Wentz wouldn't be aware that THAT was a weak spot on the line and pay some attention to it, who the hell knows.

Starter - Johnson
Backup - Big V
Backup to the Backup - Barbre
Backup to the Backup to the Backup - Tobin.

While Cox showed up some, it's a shame he didn't shine when facing their backup to the backup to the backup OG today.
Joegrane
I agree about NelsonA except the Out he was supposed to run later in the game. On the play before he was targeted J Matthews ran the same route for a completion. JM ran a sharp out where he went out and came back a bit towards the QB.

On the later play NA just turned around, rather than running the out. The ball sailed a couple of yards wide from him while he was-- not surprisingly --blanketed by the CB.

HOW THE HELL IS A 2 YEAR NFL WR DRAFTED IN THE FIRST ROUND SO STUPID THAT HE RAN A ROUTE THAT IN NO WAY COULD HAVE LEFT HIM OPEN?!!!!!

At least he is showing energy and some of his nice athleticism.

Sadly this is the sequel to the Mucus Smith fiasco. I won't be surprised if two years from now NelsonA is an adequate #3WR much like MSmith is an okay backup DE.

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2016, 05:09 PM) *
Pila
In this game we were back to doing some of the things that had us compete. Overall, Dougey called a good game, made the game manageable and Wentz had easy decisions to make. When you consider the injuries, how deep the team had to dig into the roster to find replacements and they still had a realistic chance to pull it off, this was encouraging. A moral victory here is acceptable.

But I hope the team doesn't erase the game from their memory though - them be some dirty motherfuckers. They need to remember that next opportunity in 2017.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.