Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ertz playing with some urgency
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Trying to break tackles.

I like it!
Eyrie
Me too.

Shame he spoilt it by finally making a block ... in the back.
Zero
Agholor looks like a different player too
The Franchise
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 11 2016, 03:29 PM) *
Me too.

Baby steps.....at least he didn't avoid the block in the back opportunity. Maybe next week he'll deliver a cut block to a DB. laugh.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 11 2016, 04:29 PM) *
Me too.

That was a ticky tack call
Joegrane
Yes but when the defender ends up on the ground it will draw the flag.

Overall he had a nice game.

QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2016, 07:22 PM) *

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 11 2016, 07:22 PM) *

I don't know what fantasy land you are living in but that was a clear block in the back and called every time...had he not pushed the guy the guy would have gotten a hand on Sproles and at least slowed him down ending the play right there.

It was a bad play on Ertz's part but the run back does not happen without it.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 12 2016, 01:47 AM) *
I don't know what fantasy land you are living in but that was a clear block in the back and called every time...had he not pushed the guy the guy would have gotten a hand on Sproles and at least slowed him down ending the play right there.

It was a bad play on Ertz's part but the run back does not happen without it.

It didn't look like he pushed him, he had his hand on his back (technically illegal) and the guy tripped. Look at it again Mr. Fantasy.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 12 2016, 03:40 PM) *
It didn't look like he pushed him, he had his hand on his back (technically illegal) and the guy tripped. Look at it again Mr. Fantasy.

No need....my brothers were watching it with me before my mother's viewing and we rewound it 4 times on the DVR debating its effect on the return...it was pretty clear....he pushed him with his "hands on his back"...I don't think the guy would have made the tackles itself but would have clearly slowed him in traffic and allowed other players to hit him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.