Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Zach, Here's how you block when a Bad ass LB is chasing
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
https://www.facebook.com/philafans/videos/87013918601/

Any questions?

Joegrane
Dave Spadaro debates Roob on the Ertz non-block.
http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/guess...ng-carson-wentz

I'm surprised he did not say more about Ertz's rib.

I doubt that the MLB was going to catch up with CW.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 9 2016, 08:36 PM) *
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 9 2016, 11:44 PM) *

Saw that.

Spads works for the team and never criticizes. It annoys me they have him on that show. He can't show any bit of objectivity. As such, I'd prefer someone else.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 9 2016, 11:44 PM) *

You realize this is football...tackle football...not flag...right?

Just a little hint....if you are on the same side of of any debate on the Eagles as Dave Spadaro you have already lost.

There is no defending what Ertz did....or didn't do and you can be sure players across the league are laughing at him. But look at it from another angle....if it was such a wise play why did he feel the need to talk to his QB about it? Why did the HC need to talk to him about it?

He did not even have to decleat the guy.....he could have just got in his way.
Joegrane
I actually don't have a strong opinion on this-- maybe because I took 3/4mg of Lithium this morning ; )

In a collision Ertz was the one who would have been decleated because the MLB is bigger and was running full speed. It just physics.

I agree with you that it would have been better had he done more than just a little wimpy dance around the guy. He could have gotten between CW and the MLB and just pushed him away a little.

My point is that it would not have mattered even a little because the MLB was not going to catch CW and the DB was forcing CW out. I'd rather Ertz do the stupid dance than reinjure his rib on a meaningless block.

I understand that most others here disagree.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 10 2016, 12:08 PM) *
You realize this is football...tackle football...not flag...right?

Just a little hint....if you are on the same side of of any debate on the Eagles as Dave Spadaro you have already lost.

There is no defending what Ertz did....or didn't do and you can be sure players across the league are laughing at him. But look at it from another angle....if it was such a wise play why did he feel the need to talk to his QB about it? Why did the HC need to talk to him about it?

He did not even have to decleat the guy.....he could have just got in his way.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 10 2016, 01:22 PM) *
In a collision Ertz was the one who would have been decleated because the MLB is bigger and was running full speed. It just physics.

Burfict is listed at 6'1" 250 lbs. Ertz is listed at 6'5" 249 lbs. He clearly started running towards Burfict, then pulled up and dodged his duty - he could've easily picked up enough speed to block him.

Most importantly, Burfict is one of the dirtiest players in the league. He has gone out of his way to try to injure QB's his entire career going back to college, as well as other skill players. If he's running towards your scrambling QB, your mission in life should be to stop him, by any means necessary.

I trust Sproles to block linemen more than I trust this fucking pussy to do his job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.