Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I see a problem brewing
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Cox has a radio show on WIP on Monday night.

The first he heard of Pedey's response to Eskin's question about everyone not trying was on that show.

Cox answer was he seemed hurt that his coach would in any way criticize the players in public. He had no concern for the truth of Pesdey's answer, only that it broke some sort of code they had. He was upset about that.

I guess there is a misunderstanding of how much "loving up" the players were gonna get when they played poorly.

Remember, this is in an evvironment where Howie jumped into Curry's arms in excitement after he signed him to a new deal.

I'm concerned these players and this management are too close and that this break of code by Pedey will result in criticism of the coaches coming from the players. Not a healthy separation of players vs coaches and mgt.
D Rock
For the first time in my life, I just don't care.

The NFL game is watered down garbage today, and our "team" would have to raise its game to reach "garbage" status.

I'd rather watch the fucking sixers, and have turned off the Iggles 2 weeks in a row now to do just that.

Unwatchable shit show.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 7 2016, 12:19 PM) *
Cox has a radio show on WIP on Monday night.

The first he heard of Pedey's response to Eskin's question about everyone not trying was on that show.

Cox answer was he seemed hurt that his coach would in any way criticize the players in public. He had no concern for the truth of Pesdey's answer, only that it broke some sort of code they had. He was upset about that.

I guess there is a misunderstanding of how much "loving up" the players were gonna get when they played poorly.

Remember, this is in an evvironment where Howie jumped into Curry's arms in excitement after he signed him to a new deal.

I'm concerned these players and this management are too close and that this break of code by Pedey will result in criticism of the coaches coming from the players. Not a healthy separation of players vs coaches and mgt.

Not sure there's much of anything here. After some embarrassing losses, egos are bound to get a bruising. These things get settled in tight spaces, probably during film session.
Eyrie
I'm more concerned that our $100m defensive stud has hurt feelings when his coach only admits what everyone has been saying - that the players aren't playing to their potential.

Of course, when you have $100m reasons to produce to your potential, then it's likely that you'll take such a remark personally when you've let your personal standards slip.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 7 2016, 04:13 PM) *
I'm more concerned that our $100m defensive stud has hurt feelings when his coach only admits what everyone has been saying - that the players aren't playing to their potential.

Of course, when you have $100m reasons to produce to your potential, then it's likely that you'll take such a remark personally when you've let your personal standards slip.

He ought to take it personally, even if he thinks he's playing lights out. That the coach thinks they aren't should piss everyone off and fuck getting hurt feelings, take it out on the opposing team! There isn't a safe place here,
nephillymike
WARNING

Panties in a bunch alert.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/12/...m/#more-3220598
HobbEs
So, hypothetical question here: If Howie was quick to jettison Chip's high priced/underperforming players last year, would he do the same with his guys this coming offseason?
Joegrane
I don't 'have a problem with Ertz or McLeod.

McLeod has a reputation for being a hitter. We are looking down on the play. He probably did not see the back sneak through before it was too late. There was plenty of congestion in front of him. He probably had some responsibilities in the event the RB bounced it outside. It appears that the TD came through Cox's hole.

The DB was going to force CW out before the MLB. It makes no sense for Ertz to take on the big MLB running full speed so CW could maybe get one more yard *after* making a first down. Ertz' rib might not be 100% healed. Why take a chance of re-injuring it? He is too important to the depleted passing game.

These are example of the media trying to make a story in a slow news week.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 7 2016, 09:00 PM) *
Pila
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 8 2016, 02:27 PM) *

McLeod has a reputation for being a hitter. We are looking down on the play. He probably did not see the back sneak through before it was too late. There was plenty of congestion in front of him. He probably had some responsibilities in the event the RB bounced it outside. It appears that the TD came through Cox's hole.

The DB was going to force CW out before the MLB. It makes no sense for Ertz to take on the big MLB running full speed so CW could maybe get one more yard *after* making a first down. Ertz' rib might not be 100% healed. Why take a chance of re-injuring it? He is too important to the depleted passing game.

The Ertz dodge to me looked more like he was just making sure one of the idiot refs didn't have an excuse to throw a flag on what seemed sure to be a first down.

If the team was winning and refs were playing fair, I think the attitude in that situation would have been different.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 7 2016, 10:00 PM) *

I don't think it's as much a panty bunch as it is Pederson losing the team.
The Franchise
Is it really that hard to find a refreshing balance between a coach who thinks he's running a day care center, and a tyrant coach who views his players as expendable assets?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 8 2016, 09:27 AM) *

I did not see the Mcleod play so I won't comment on it but unless you think Ertz had eyes in the back of his head he had no clue the DB was going to force Wentz out....at the very least he could have engaged Burfict who clearly saw Ertz enough to move toward him.....no excuse for no contact...watch the paly again...Burfict reacts to Ertz who jumps out of the way.
nephillymike
I'm ok with McLeod.

He's earned his rep and I know he's a hitter.

Ertz plays like a pussy.

He had a chance to Pepper Johnson the most physical player on the other team to help set the tone for the game. He not only avoided contact, but enthusiastically jumped out of the way. At least he didn't get hurt jumping out of the way!

He embarrassed me.

The fact that I'm more embarrassed than him or his teammates are for him speaks volumes.

Who knows. Maybe he'll break his first tackle this week.

We paid this clown how much?
nephillymike
Exhibit A, B, C, D, E and

fucking F

http://www.phillyvoice.com/all-22-view-ert...oks-even-worse/

How can anyone defend this 250 lb. pussy?

Seriously.

Maybe this is a reason why Wentz doesn't throw to him often.
Joegrane
My opinion is the same.

I think the writer is incorrect on one point. The DB is probably the guy who was assigned to cover the wide open Ertz. So Ertz had reason to think that someone behind him would force CW out. What Ertz did probably slowed the LB by a half step as he prepared for the expected block.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 8 2016, 09:57 PM) *

fucking F

Seriously.

Rick
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 8 2016, 11:43 PM) *
My opinion is the same.

I think the writer is incorrect on one point. The DB is probably the guy who was assigned to cover the wide open Ertz. So Ertz had reason to think that someone behind him would force CW out. What Ertz did probably slowed the LB by a half step as he prepared for the expected block.

So by this way of thinking, why does anyone block at any time? I mean, there are 10 other guys on the other team who probably are tackling the person he's supposed to be blocking for.

Makes no sense.

You are in that situation, you put a block on the guy. You don't have to blow him up, just put a body on him. Ertz has never been a good blocking TE and this speaks volumes as to why he isn't.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 9 2016, 06:06 AM) *
So by this way of thinking, why does anyone block at any time? I mean, there are 10 other guys on the other team who probably are tackling the person he's supposed to be blocking for.

Makes no sense.

You are in that situation, you put a block on the guy. You don't have to blow him up, just put a body on him. Ertz has never been a good blocking TE and this speaks volumes as to why he isn't.

The argument that Ertz "knew" that Wentz was safe and therefore didn't block one of the baddest guys in the league assumes that if the encounter with Burfick happened five yards earlier when Wentz couldn't have known Wentz safety, that Ertz would have blocked him. If Queen Ertz had balls she would be King. I'm not buying that either.

Check this out as a strange but true event. One of our vendors stops by Tuesday to say hello and he gives us a flyer of an event they're holding this coming Tues for their big customers, where their customers can come to the event and meet the celebrity. The celebrity happens to be an Eagles player. The flyer has a nice full page picture of the Eagle. I look at the page and who is it? Zack Ertz. I thank my vendor for thinking of us during the holiday season and I throw the flyer out two minutes after he leaves.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 9 2016, 06:25 AM) *
Check this out as a strange but true event. One of our vendors stops by Tuesday to say hello and he gives us a flyer of an event they're holding this coming Tues for their big customers, where their customers can come to the event and meet the celebrity. The celebrity happens to be an Eagles player. The flyer has a nice full page picture of the Eagle. I look at the page and who is it? Zack Ertz. I thank my vendor for thinking of us during the holiday season and I throw the flyer out two minutes after he leaves.

laugh.gif

This team will be doing plenty of appearances in January too.

The full view of the play makes it look 10x worse. Burfict clearly changes his trajectory when he sees Ertz, and Wentz is still in danger. I will admit it, I didn't even know who our OC was before that article - Frank Reich's excuse is even more pathetic than anything Ertz could come up with, and it's pretty insulting to a knowledgeable fan base. "Sanders was famous for avoiding hits" - fuck off turd.

If I was Wentz, I'd throw Ertz a couple floaters over the middle next Sunday. Avoid THOSE hits.
Reality Fan
I am just stunned anyone could defend that play....Mcleod's I get...there was nothing he could have done except dive head first and it would have done nothing. Ertz did not have a clue about the DB who was deep helping defend DGB. Ertz just plain jumped out of the way....no excuse, just a coward play. It is just another example of a grossly overrated guy who can't break a tackle to save his life living up to his soft reputation.
JeeQ
I've said it before and i'll say it again... This team is soft. I called them a team of pussies and crybabies last season but the team still had defenders then. Now I think it's clear as day to everybody that this team lacks toughness.

NO ONE IS AFRAID OF US

Let me repeat that

NO ONE IS AFRAID OF US

There's not a single QB that's afraid of the mighty Eagles blitz attack. Opposing WRs mark their calendars when the Eagles are coming to town because they're about to have a career day. Opposing RBs? Just run right down the middle of the line it's always open.

As for as the offense it's like I said before: it's about as dangerous as a gun with no bullets. The WRs instill fear into absolutely no one. No one is adjusting their defensive scheme because Matthews and Agholor are on the roster. Our RBs? One's old, one's a rookie, and the last one is always injured and when he's not he's fumbling.

I came to terms with the fact we were a bad team after Chip shipped off all the Pro Bowl Talent. I called 8-8 last year (off by 1), and saw 6-10 this season (which still has a chance of being reality). Fully embrace the rebuild years my friends; we currently have a QB and nothing else.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 8 2016, 07:57 PM) *

fucking F

Seriously.

Ertz is not a football player. He never gets any YAC because he goes to the ground immediately after he catches it but now he won't even block for his QB? Get him the fuck off my team.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 9 2016, 04:19 PM) *
I am just stunned anyone could defend that play....Mcleod's I get...there was nothing he could have done except dive head first and it would have done nothing. Ertz did not have a clue about the DB who was deep helping defend DGB. Ertz just plain jumped out of the way....no excuse, just a coward play. It is just another example of a grossly overrated guy who can't break a tackle to save his life living up to his soft reputation.

Wasn't it Ertz who was complaining about being hit in TC?
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 9 2016, 08:19 PM) *

I honestly don't think that's what it was. But I could be wrong.

On the other hand, even if he has a legitimate reason to avoid contact there, it does demonstrate a certain mentality. The kind you don't see among teams that pride themselves on toughness. I don't think those teams would let the opportunity to blow someone up go with a dodge and tap.
Joegrane
I can see your point about the "mentality." That's the only reason for Ertz to initiate contact.

However you have a big MLB running full speed against Ertz who was nearly standing still. Ertz is the one who is going to get blown up and he has a history of injuries.

When he is not injured he tends to be a a good weapon in the passing game, even if that means drawing the attention of the defense so others can get single coverage.

Sadly it appears that Ertz's career is going to be closer to that of LJ Smith than to even Celek, K Krepfle and other long-time Eagles TEs who never rose to Pro Bowl caliber.

I expect the Eagles to draft another blocking TE in a middle round next year. It seems Celek runs at about the same speed as a DT.

QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 9 2016, 03:50 PM) *
I honestly don't think that's what it was. But I could be wrong.

On the other hand, even if he has a legitimate reason to avoid contact there, it does demonstrate a certain mentality. The kind you don't see among teams that pride themselves on toughness. I don't think those teams would let the opportunity to blow someone up go with a dodge and tap.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 9 2016, 07:03 PM) *
I expect the Eagles to draft another blocking TE in a middle round next year. It seems Celek runs at about the same speed as a DT.

Thankfully, Ertz's salary will more than triple next year. rolleyes.gif

I checked out a few projected mock drafts - apparently, our biggest need is at RB. I don't know what the hell team these guys are watching. Assuming we get the 15-20th pick, we better damn well go after a WR.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 9 2016, 03:49 PM) *
Wasn't it Ertz who was complaining about being hit in TC?

I completely forgot about that.

Z presents, Exhibit G !
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 9 2016, 03:50 PM) *
. I don't think those teams would let the opportunity to blow someone up go with a dodge and tap.

Exactly.

Keith Byers lit up the best man in his wedding and heard grief from his wife for weeks.

Ertz?

OLE!!
Joegrane
What are the chances Howie picks up a #2-caliber FA WR? They should be able to attract such a WR because he'll know he will be the #1 WR here.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 9 2016, 06:26 PM) *
Thankfully, Ertz's salary will more than triple next year. rolleyes.gif

I checked out a few projected mock drafts - apparently, our biggest need is at RB. I don't know what the hell team these guys are watching. Assuming we get the 15-20th pick, we better damn well go after a WR.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 9 2016, 11:32 PM) *
What are the chances Howie picks up a #2-caliber FA WR? They should be able to attract such a WR because he'll know he will be the #1 WR here.

The better question is, what are the chances Howie brings in a #2, and ends up paying him #1 money? I'd bet the house on that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.