Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does Reid rank among current NFL coaches?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
If you were drafting a coach from the current ranks, who would be ahead of him

Nobody in NFC East

McCarthy, yes.
Nobody else in the North
Payton, maybe.
Nobody else in the south

Carroll yes
Ariens , maybe.
Nobody else in the west

Bellicheat
Nobody else in east

Tomlin
Harbough
Nobody else in the North

Nobody in south

Kubiak, maybe.
Nobody else in West

So that's 6th at best, ninth at worst by my count. I think I'd put him 6th.

Not HOF or elite, but very good.
mcnabbulous
McCarthy is not highly thought of. I don't think Tomlin really is either.

I'd put Reid above all but Carroll and Belichick. Slightly above Harbaugh.
JeeQ
We're about 2-3 more losing seasons away from people putting the Reid/McNabb years on mythical status

Can never truly appreciate what you had until it's gone
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 4 2016, 09:22 PM) *
McCarthy is not highly thought of. I don't think Tomlin really is either.

I'd put Reid above all but Carroll and Belichick. Slightly above Harbaugh.

Wow, what an NFL insider you must be! 2 Super Bowl winning coaches who have combined for one losing season in 20 seasons, but no way are they on par with the Ringless Wonder! Seriously, you should be in a padded room with 2 naked dolls of Reid and Geno Smith, and a bottle of Ranch dressing to lube them up.

As for people who know football, the 7 current coaches who have won rings are all better than Reid. So would Coughlin and Jim Harbaugh if they were here. I'd take Arians and Rivera over him too, not to mention a slew of coordinators.

Joegrane
Wow, how strongly do you feel about this?!

Sick imagination : )

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 5 2016, 01:33 PM) *
Wow, what an NFL insider you must be! 2 Super Bowl winning coaches who have combined for one losing season in 20 seasons, but no way are they on par with the Ringless Wonder! Seriously, you should be in a padded room with 2 naked dolls of Reid and Geno Smith, and a bottle of Ranch dressing to lube them up.

As for people who know football, the 7 current coaches who have won rings are all better than Reid. So would Coughlin and Jim Harbaugh if they were here. I'd take Arians and Rivera over him too, not to mention a slew of coordinators.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 5 2016, 04:21 PM) *
Wow, how strongly do you feel about this?!

Sick imagination : )

laugh.gif

Reid apologists are almost always dipshit McNabb haters, which is why these conversations are so frustrating. The guy has a proven track record of building good teams and putting a good product on the field, and he also has a proven track record of being completely inept on gameday, and completely outmatched when up against above average coaches. The quality of his product often negates his ineptitude, but not so much when up against the best. It's not even a debate at this point.

It's going to be fun to watch KC get knocked out, me writing a clever post about it, and then watching him sputter out a passionate defense of AR.

mcnabbulous
Andy Reid being 2-4 in the playoffs (against playoff competition) without Donovan McNabb means he's not good.

Mike McCarthy being 3-5 without Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre in the regular season (against regular season competition) is good!

If ignorance is really bliss, you must be the happiest buffoon in the world.

But then again, you're the type of dipshit that can't figure out how Andy Reid couldn't win 3-4 straight playoff games with Donovan McNabb when Mike McCarthy has figured out how to win 2 or more playoff games in a single post season all of once with Aaron fucking Rodgers.

And if you're so stupid that you think Donovan was ever in the same class as Rodgers, you're dumbest sack of shit that has ever posted on this board. And rest assured, we all know you are.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 5 2016, 08:51 PM) *
Andy Reid being 2-4 in the playoffs (against playoff competition) without Donovan McNabb means he's not good.

Mike McCarthy being 3-5 without Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre in the regular season (against regular season competition) is good!

If ignorance is really bliss, you must be the happiest buffoon in the world.

But then again, you're the type of dipshit that can't figure out how Andy Reid couldn't win 3-4 straight playoff games with Donovan McNabb when Mike McCarthy has figured out how to win 2 or more playoff games in a single post season all of once with Aaron fucking Rodgers.

And if you're so stupid that you think Donovan was ever in the same class as Rodgers, you're dumbest sack of shit that has ever posted on this board. And rest assured, we all know you are.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Watching you lose an argument is like watching a child get a toy taken away from them.

Nobody ever said AR was bad - people who understand football realize that he's a good coach with fatal flaws, that always rear their ugly head on gameday, and especially in the playoffs against above average teams and coaches. If Mike McCarthy coached our 02-04 teams, we'd have two rings. If you had to pick one active coach to go up against Belichick in the Super Bowl, AR should at best be in the middle of the pack. He isn't a top-10 coach, and hasn't been for over a decade - and then, that was only because #5 and JJ hid his flaws.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 5 2016, 08:22 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Watching you lose an argument is like watching a child get a toy taken away from them.

Nobody ever said AR was bad - people who understand football realize that he's a good coach with fatal flaws, that always rear their ugly head on gameday

Always?

, and especially in the playoffs against above average teams and coaches.

So which of these matchups do you think, on paper, Reid should have won?

Garcia vs. Brees
Vick vs. Rodgers
Smith vs. Luck
Smith vs. Brady
If Mike McCarthy coached our 02-04 teams, we'd have two rings.

Absolutely not. Like I said, he's won 1+ playoff games once. With Aaron Rodgers. He's not a good coach. And he's likely going to get canned soon.

If you had to pick one active coach to go up against Belichick in the Super Bowl, AR should at best be in the middle of the pack.

Yeah, that couldn't be further from the truth. Andy already gave Belichick a run for his money with an inferior team and a QB who left several points on the board.

With 2 weeks to prepare, Andy is exactly the guy you want to gameplan against Belichick. Probably more than anyone else.

He isn't a top-10 coach, and hasn't been for over a decade - and then, that was only because #5 and JJ hid his flaws.

So you think 9 other coaches would win 67% of their games with Alex Smith? Because that's what he has done. 67% with Alex fucking Smith. No JJ. No McNabb.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.