Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For your penance
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Suffer like all us idiot fans should
bwc2112
Take away the word Idiot and i can agree.
I'd rather be a Die Hard Eagles Fan than one of the who ever is winning bouncer or the two faced Fans , Dallas, Steelers , Patriots , 49er's (LMAO..Thanks Chip) .
Born in 1963 in Upstate NY, my favorite team be came the Eagles in 1969 when I began to understand the game.
We would play the old Coleco vibrating football game every Sunday while watching the games. The Kid that owned the board was a Dallas fan. My Eagles kicked his ass(Plastic Players). I cant go back.

I have faith before I kick, we will see a ring.
nephillymike
Geez.

In 1969, from upstate NY, how the heck did you pick the Eagles?

At least I was born in the city that sealed my fate.

We are like the O linemen from that game.

We have our rudders underneath eternally fucked up and the result is the ridiculous site of going round and round in endless circles with no progress being made.

You and I have zero SB wins in a combined 125 years of existance.
bwc2112
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 4 2016, 04:46 PM) *
Geez.

In 1969, from upstate NY, how the heck did you pick the Eagles?

At least I was born in the city that sealed my fate.

We are like the O linemen from that game.

We have our rudders underneath eternally fucked up and the result is the ridiculous site of going round and round in endless circles with no progress being made.

You and I have zero SB wins in a combined 125 years of existance.

I hated the cold (the reason I am in NC ).
My choices really sucked :
The Bills (only real NYS team ), The NY Giants, The NY Jets, THEY ARE FUCKING NEW JERSEY AND TAKE NY Tax money. Dad told me that.

I loved the uniforms, 100% irish color is right.
My green plastic guys always kicked the shit out of the rich kids Blue guys. Judge I rest my Case.
nephillymike
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Dec 4 2016, 05:02 PM) *
I hated the cold (the reason I am in NC ).
My choices really sucked :
The Bills (only real NYS team ), The NY Giants, The NY Jets, THEY ARE FUCKING NEW JERSEY AND TAKE NY Tax money. Dad told me that.

I loved the uniforms, 100% irish color is right.
My green plastic guys always kicked the shit out of the rich kids Blue guys. Judge I rest my Case.

Were the Eagles the actual uniforms on the team you played with in the game, and the Cowboys his?

I remember me and my next door neighbor ordering the teams through the mail.

I think we had all of the NFC teams when we were kids. They came pre painted.
bwc2112
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 4 2016, 05:10 PM) *
Were the Eagles the actual uniforms on the team you played with in the game, and the Cowboys his?

I remember me and my next door neighbor ordering the teams through the mail.

I think we had all of the NFC teams when we were kids. They came pre painted.

We actually painted them ourselves with model paint. It was really cool . Kept us busy for hours , our parents loved it. Goes to show Mom wasn't stupid .
nephillymike
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Dec 4 2016, 08:08 PM) *
We actually painted them ourselves with model paint. It was really cool . Kept us busy for hours , our parents loved it. Goes to show Mom wasn't stupid .

We painted some also.

Then I remember saving paper route money with my best friend and ordering them through the mail.

To compare this to the Madden games they have today.

My boys can't comprehend how we kept ourselves busy playing Stratomatic.

If I showed them electric football, they'd have night mares!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.