Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you need something postive
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
Turner had a nice game. Hopefully he can build on it.

Did Agholor drop a pass today? I don't recall one. Maybe the week off did the trick.
nephillymike
1. We get to play a last place schedule

CHI

and

Maybe NO if we're lucky.

2. Our 2nd thru 7th round pick draft slots are improving weekly.

3. Nobody died.

I got nothing else.

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 4 2016, 09:10 PM) *
1. We get to play a last place schedule

CHI

and

Maybe NO if we're lucky.

2. Our 2nd thru 7th round pick draft slots are improving weekly.

3. Nobody died.

I got nothing else.

Speaking of 7th round picks, I am hopeful with Mills. I am not sure he will ever be a starting CB on a playoff team but I think he can develop into a very good nickel. He seems to have the physical tools but is making some mental mistakes. Those can be corrected. l
nephillymike
Turner had 80 yards receiving in this game.

Agholar has never reached 70 in a game over his first two years.

Time to cut Turner. He doesn't fit our scheme.

Eyrie
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 4 2016, 09:03 PM) *

Did Agholor drop a pass today? I don't recall one. Maybe the week off did the trick.

Quietly impressed by Turner, although his catches were all when the game was over anyway.

Agholor made a couple of tough catches and I don't think he dropped any today, although he was rarely targeted.
Zero
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 4 2016, 05:03 PM) *

Agholor looked like a different player. He caught the ball and fought for yardage after the catch. One step at a time, and that was a positive one.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 4 2016, 08:19 PM) *
Agholor looked like a different player. He caught the ball and fought for yardage after the catch. One step at a time, and that was a positive one.

One step?

More like 23 yards and a 5.8 ypc.

That's a rate of what, 340 yards a year, which should rank him as the worst WR in the league, which is what he was coming in.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was..........
Joegrane
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 4 2016, 06:05 PM) *
Agholor made a couple of tough catches and I don't think he dropped any today, although he was rarely targeted.

Agholor, looked like an NFL player today, nothing exceptional, but functional.

It is amazing that Turner put up more yards in his first game than Agholor has in two years! That suggests to me that Nelson's QBs have not trusted him, and that at least Turner's hands have already earned his QB's trust.

Wasn't Turner targeted 6 times or so? How does that compare with NA?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 4 2016, 04:31 PM) *

JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 4 2016, 02:31 PM) *

Time to cut Turner. He doesn't fit our scheme.

Turner was exactly the WR we thought he was...

Meaning better than half the trash WRs on this team laugh.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 5 2016, 04:26 PM) *
Turner was exactly the WR we thought he was...

Meaning better than half the trash WRs on this team laugh.gif

The competition at WR is a solid slot guy with occasional drops, two reclamation projects and two undrafted rookies.

So based on yesterday Turner should have been on the roster from the start of the season.
Joegrane
I expect Turner to be the kind of guy who is tough to cut even though he will take up a spot on the roster dedicated to a good special teamer--Huff, R Cooper, etc.

He does not have the physical skills to be a successful NFL WR, but he just make catches. He seems to catch the ball effortlessly.

It would be crazy to compare him with Seattle's undrafted WR, D Baldwin, but maybe the kid can make a contribution.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 5 2016, 03:33 PM) *
The competition at WR is a solid slot guy with occasional drops, two reclamation projects and two undrafted rookies.

So based on yesterday Turner should have been on the roster from the start of the season.

The Franchise
At this point, I'm interested in getting our crap personnel straightened out. Put guys on the field who are going to give it their all and not make stupid mistakes, and get the rest of these bums the fuck outta here.

The fact that Turner could show up in his first NFL game and become our most reliable target shows how pathetic our WR's are.
Joegrane
Trey Burton had a solid game. He played many more snaps than B Celek, maybe that is one reason the running game has suffered. I suppose they were doubling Z Ertz.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Dec 5 2016, 04:26 PM) *
At this point, I'm interested in getting our crap personnel straightened out. Put guys on the field who are going to give it their all and not make stupid mistakes, and get the rest of these bums the fuck outta here.

The fact that Turner could show up in his first NFL game and become our most reliable target shows how pathetic our WR's are.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.