Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Life is a fantastic journey...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pila
By now you may have heard of the tragedy befitting all of Greek ironies -

The incredible end of one of the greatest underdog stories of all times.

I think it's very difficult for Americans to understand the story. The professional arena of team sports is very different than those around the world.

The structure isn't static, your team earns national stage by virtue of sweat and tears. The kind of sacrifice that is an atithesis of the Cleveland Browns, for instance. The purity of neocapitalism isn't protected. It's absolutely earned. It's sustainability is 100% reliant on results. The players are defacto the only currency in futbol. The fan, defacto the only source of sustainability.

This fact leaves out real stories of true underdog accomplishments that are true testaments to the incredible capacity of genius.

Yesterday we lost a true human gOD in Caio Junior - a man I met in the 90s who implanted the idea that my tragic experience was actually my launch pad to something greater than myself.

I was inspired by this guy. My last 10 years was a dedication to his inspiration. And now I know I've retired too soon.

It's taken me over 24 hours to find words.

Please know the world has lost an incredible individual yesterday.

Obrigado, Junior. Nunca me esquecerei da tua amizade.

"Se morrese amanhã, morria feliz!"

-Caio Júnior
md717
QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 30 2016, 01:47 PM) *
By now you may have heard of the tragedy befitting all of Greek ironies -

The incredible end of one of the greatest underdog stories of all times.

I think it's very difficult for Americans to understand the story. The professional arena of team sports is very different than those around the world.

The structure isn't static, your team earns national stage by virtue of sweat and tears. The kind of sacrifice that is an atithesis of the Cleveland Browns, for instance. The purity of neocapitalism isn't protected. It's absolutely earned. It's sustainability is 100% reliant on results. The players are defacto the only currency in futbol. The fan, defacto the only source of sustainability.

This fact leaves out real stories of true underdog accomplishments that are true testaments to the incredible capacity of genius.

Yesterday we lost a true human gOD in Caio Junior - a man I met in the 90s who implanted the idea that my tragic experience was actually my launch pad to something greater than myself.

I was inspired by this guy. My last 10 years was a dedication to his inspiration. And now I know I've retired too soon.

It's taken me over 24 hours to find words.

Please know the world has lost an incredible individual yesterday.

Obrigado, Junior. Nunca me esquecerei da tua amizade.

"Se morrese amanhã, morria feliz!"

-Caio Júnior
My sincere sympathies for your (and all of our) loss. Tragic.
D Rock
Pila, my wonderful cyber friend and comrade, I send you wishes for comfort and peace.
nephillymike
Pila,

I am sorry for your loss.

You are in my prayers.

Such a tragedy indeed, hard to believe how it happened.

Eyrie
You have my deepest sympathies, old friend.
Pila
Thanks, amigos.

Chapoense is a real-life example of the cruelest of ironies - a tale of success, built on the ultimate selfless sacrifices, brought to a premature end by the ultimate selfish one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.