Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cox
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
First 4 games...

11 tackles, 4 sacks.

Last 7 games...

8 tackles, 0 sacks. (2 games where he only showed on the stat sheet because he committed a penalty)

Dood got paid.
mcnabbulous
He is playing much better than his stats indicate. Probably because of those first 4 games. Fran Duffy broke down several of his plays from Monday night. He's getting double and triple teamed.

The other guys (I'm looking at you Vinny) need to step up.
Joegrane
I agree. I recall one play where he collapsed the pocket but the QB still had room to move because the double team had cox sealed off. The other D Linemen did not get penetration.

It seemed that B Graham was almost always using a bull rush. That is not his strength. That is certainly not the strength of the other DEs.

The Eagles are vulnerable to mobile QBs because of their type of pass rush. If the QB gets out of the pocket the Eagles DBs are not good enough to stay with the receivers and big plays can happen.

When a QB is a sitting duck--Sam B--the Eagles D Line can dominate and make up for the weak CBs.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 1 2016, 03:52 PM) *
He is playing much better than his stats indicate. Probably because of those first 4 games. Fran Duffy broke down several of his plays from Monday night. He's getting double and triple teamed.

D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 1 2016, 09:52 PM) *

Yeah, except that he's NOT being double teamed. He's losing 1 on 1. Often to rookies and scrubs.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Dec 2 2016, 09:51 AM) *
Yeah, except that he's NOT being double teamed. He's losing 1 on 1. Often to rookies and scrubs.

Like I said, Fran Duffy has been tracking this all season and specifically after this past game. You're incorrect about this.
mcnabbulous
Here is Duffy's breakdown:

Link

There’s eight examples from Monday night where Green Bay attempted to use just one blocker on Cox in the run game and failed miserably. In all eight of those plays, Cox either initiated first contact in the backfield, was credited with the tackle or severely impacted the play.

Cox was on the field for 27 pure dropback passes (not including Run Pass Option plays) against the Packers. Want to know how many times Cox was "single" blocked, where the line slid away from him? Three.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.