Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The only thing deader than this place
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Is the Eagles playoff chances.

Pathetic, on both fronts.
mcnabbulous
I'm not sure if it's the whole "new dad" thing, but I've never felt more disinterested in an Eagles team.

Carson is literally the only thing keeping my attention.

Doug seems in over his head. The skill positions are simply a laughingstock. The defense shows little heart.

Overall, the NFL product is simply shit these days.

Carson is an absolute star though. It's a shame that his supporting cast is one of the worst I've ever seen. It feels like it will take 2-3 years to rebuild.
nephillymike
His INT hurt.

A six point turnaround.

In the end it may not have mattered,

I'm sure the Browns appreciate our swoon. 2-6 in last 8 games.

Pretenders.

As for the new Dad thing, they are more fun in the 9 mos to 2 yr old range. They are funny and entertaining then. Yours is much younger, no?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 28 2016, 11:44 PM) *
His INT hurt.

A six point turnaround.

In the end it may not have mattered,

I'm sure the Browns appreciate our swoon. 2-6 in last 8 games.

Pretenders.

As for the new Dad thing, they are more fun in the 9 mos to 2 yr old range. They are funny and entertaining then. Yours is much younger, no?

He's gonna make mistakes. The expectation for perfection is bewildering. That pick was rough but he's targeting mediocre TEs down the field like they are AJ Green. And that's while playing behind a disaster up front.

But if you're going to get hung up on the bad, you have to acknowledge how much he did that basically felt like it was all him. He carried us to 13 points while throwing to Jordan Matthews, DGB and two undrafted WRs. It's embarrassing what we are putting out there. Not to mention the chaos that is our OL.

My daughter is 6 months. It's better than I expected. But I suppose that comes with the territory when it's your own. My previous experience had been about 1.5 until kids became tolerable.

Pila
Wentz is the least of our problems. We could have used our future hall-of-famer today.
Rick
That was one of the more pathetic excuses for a game last night. Wentz showed times when he can be great but made some mistakes--basically what's happened all season. The offensive line was as bad as it's been all season. The defense, what can I say? It was beyond horrible in every aspect of the game. I really don't understand how this defense can be so good and so bad all during the same season.

DGB actually showed he can make a few plays. Actually made a couple of contested catches. That's promising.

Wentz has to get his footwork figured out to stop these balls that sail high. The interception really hurt but, honestly, it had little impact on the outcome.

I've really had it with Pedersen and his shit playcalling. Can we get a REAL offensive coordinator?

13 points scored on the fucking Packers!!!????? W....T.....F!!!!!!????
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 29 2016, 12:04 AM) *
Wentz is the least of our problems. We could have used our future hall-of-famer today.

Who is that?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 29 2016, 07:13 AM) *
Who is that?

I think he means Nelson
SAM I Am
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 29 2016, 12:40 AM) *
It feels like it will take 2-3 years to rebuild.

With a brand spanking new HC and QB, you can bet it will be a 3 year build. 3 years if we're lucky and the people who will be putting the pieces in place get it right.

There aren't any short cuts to success in this league, no matter what some people may think.
Pila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 29 2016, 11:13 AM) *
Who is that?

How many WR future hall-of-famers do we have on our roster?
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 29 2016, 12:16 AM) *

That was one of the most pathetic and embarrassing efforts I've ever seen on the defensive side of the ball. When you give Aaron Rodgers new life 15-20 times a game from stupid penalties and poor 3rd down play, you're going to lose. It's amazing we lost by only 2 scores. They looked like a team that didn't give a shit about the playoffs, and they got their wish.

If I was Lurie, I'd be having an unpleasant meeting with Pederson and Schwartz right about now. Of course, he's probably just counting the money he made from a prime time game.....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 28 2016, 11:16 PM) *

What is the point....other than the comedy?

I would pin this one more on the coach than anything else.....the WRs actually played well, they need to throw to the 3rd TE more...and downfield...Ertz can't break a tackle to save his life.

I will say that there were some pretty bad calls and non calls last night....and at key points. Worse than any other game I saw....
CT_Eagle
I never expected the playoffs this year, even after the hot start. I always give new QBs 3 games before I start to evaluate them. I have seen too many 3 game wonders. I am not putting Wentz in that category because I think his upside is huge. There are two items I think he needs to address during the off-season.

1. Get those balls down. When he makes throwing mistakes he tends to throw high. This can be corrected with proper coaching.
2. Shorten his release. Wentz has a long delivery. One of the better comments during the game last evening was when they were comparing the delivery time of Wentz to Rodgers. This can be improved but because of his build, he will never be as quick as Rodgers in this regard.

Pederson is another story. I do have concerns with his game day decisions. The challenge for two yards last night was a prime example. I am also dumbfounded at the number of bubble screens he calls. They have not been very successful but he keeps going back to them, sometimes at critical points. Hopefully he grows into the job.

Not much to say about the WRs. They were subpar at best when it was Matthews, Huff and Agholor. I really did not expect any improvement by trotting out Matthews, Tregg and Turner.

Same with the OL. It was not strong at the beginning of the season and surely is no better now that the Eagles are on their 3rd RT. I was happy to see Kelce play a good game last night. What is up with Peters and the false starts?

The TEs are serviceable but I would really like to see Ertz break a tackle this season. Just one to get the ball rolling.

RB is a mess as well. Mathews, when healthy is decent but he is never healthy for long. That was the knock on him before he came to Philly and nothing has changed.

Pretty sad state of affairs when you look at the offense and realize that outside of Wentz, none of these players really have much of chance of being impact players in 2 - 3 years. Maybe Matthews if he can cut down on the drops.

The defense looks a little better but they are not good enough to get through the playoffs. The line does disappear for whole games. Until last night the excuse was they were no good on the road. Now we know that they can disappear at home too. They need that one player that demands double teaming on every play. If they get that type of player, the rest of the line will feed off of that.

Hicks is the one LBer that I am excited about. Good depth but the Eagles need better starters.

Jenkins and McCleod at safety are good. The corners need an upgrade. I am still impressed with Mills. Very raw but he has been competitive with some very good WRs. He is not a big corner and needs to continue to work on his technique. Even if he only ends up being a solid nickel corner the Eagles will have gotten great value out of a 7th round pick.

That was my ramble for month.

D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 29 2016, 05:40 AM) *
I'm not sure if it's the whole "new dad" thing, but I've never felt more disinterested in an Eagles team.

Carson is literally the only thing keeping my attention.

Doug seems in over his head. The skill positions are simply a laughingstock. The defense shows little heart.

Overall, the NFL product is simply shit these days.

Carson is an absolute star though. It's a shame that his supporting cast is one of the worst I've ever seen. It feels like it will take 2-3 years to rebuild.

100% with you.

Last night was a first for me. I actually turned the game off in the mid 3rd quarter to watch a Sixers game I had on the DVR.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.