Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Note to Schwartz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Stop playing the DBs 10 yards off the fucking WRs!!
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 28 2016, 10:00 PM) *

I have been watching every Eagles' defensive coordinator do this since Jim Johnson and I scream at the TV all of the time. I really don't understand.

3rd and 3 and the DB is 5 yards off the line and then back pedals as soon as the ball is snapped.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 28 2016, 10:00 PM) *

He probably figures if he doesn't do that, every play is a potential home run. The defensive backs on this team blow. I'd clean house there.
Rick
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 29 2016, 09:59 AM) *
He probably figures if he doesn't do that, every play is a potential home run. The defensive backs on this team blow. I'd clean house there.

The problem is, it's not working...it NEVER works (playing off receivers)! Especially when you're playing a guy with a quick release!

The other problem is, they keep cleaning house with the CBs and they never seem to be able to get anyone who can cover here in Philly. I really can't complain with how the team has tried to fix this position for the past 10 years. They just can't get anyone who doesn't suck as soon as they play here.
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 29 2016, 05:50 PM) *
The problem is, it's not working...it NEVER works (playing off receivers)! Especially when you're playing a guy with a quick release!

The other problem is, they keep cleaning house with the CBs and they never seem to be able to get anyone who can cover here in Philly. I really can't complain with how the team has tried to fix this position for the past 10 years. They just can't get anyone who doesn't suck as soon as they play here.

This is their recent history with CB and WR. It's a major reason why they are where they are right now and why those two positions are probably in the coffee, donuts, lunch meat, burgers, beer, pie (note: no brie, salad or wine) and xanax of Douglas and Weidl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.