Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry Pila..
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Let the Paul Turner era begin!!

According to both Eskin and ESPN’s Adam Caplan, Nelson Agholor will be inactive for tonight’s game against the Packers.

Getting word #Eagles WR Nelson Agholor will B inactive 2night 4 #packers. WR Paul Turner will dress. HC only dresses 4 WR. @SportsRadioWIP

Linc
JeeQ
I fucking love it... Just need Byron Marshall in for this to be complete
Pila
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 29 2016, 12:39 AM) *
Let the Paul Turner era begin!!

According to both Eskin and ESPN’s Adam Caplan, Nelson Agholor will be inactive for tonight’s game against the Packers.

Linc
Excellent! Who wants to bet he won't drop a single pass tonight? Any takers?
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 28 2016, 08:15 PM) *
Excellent! Who wants to bet he won't drop a single pass tonight? Any takers?

Depends on what gentleman's club he goes to after the game. laugh.gif
Joegrane
: )

I think this is an over-reaction by Coach P. You could have the guy loose his starting job and ha e his snaps cut. His length is still an asset in the Red Zone as seen in the 2 pt conversion last week.

Maybe they felt they had to deactivate someone on O in order to not mess up the #s for special teams or depth at other positions.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 28 2016, 08:41 PM) *

Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 29 2016, 01:41 AM) *

That explains the misunderstanding at the club - he kept dropping the tithing.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 28 2016, 07:59 PM) *

I think this is an over-reaction by Coach P. You could have the guy loose his starting job and ha e his snaps cut. His length is still an asset in the Red Zone as seen in the 2 pt conversion last week.

Maybe they felt they had to deactivate someone on O in order to not mess up the #s for special teams or depth at other positions.

His length? He is 6'. ???
RyanBreakfast
Nelson Agholor will be a healthy scratch for Monday night's game against the Packers.
Paul Turner will be up as the Eagles' fourth receiver, while Jordan Matthews, Bryce Treggs, and Dorial Green-Beckham round out the team's primary three-receiver set. Matthews should still end up playing most of his snaps in the slot, although he will see more time on the outside, which isn't necessarily a great fit for his skill set. As for Agholor, he has lost self confidence and recently began consulting a sports psychologist about his inability to catch the ball.
nephillymike
Wow, an in game post, imagine that!
Rick
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 28 2016, 08:59 PM) *

You're joking right? I mean, really...

He sucks. There is no getting around that. He doesn't belong in the NFL. He sucks that badly.
Joegrane
He is 23 yrs old!

Some people don't handle stress well; their head becomes foggier in those situations. There are things that can be done for some of those people, including possibly support for adrenal cortex, selected amino acids such as GABA, glutamine, etc. I've seen it in a loved one and it was miraculous after decades of clueless mainstream doctors, counselors, etc

Clearly he is a project but you don't abandon a guy with his physical skills and a lack of bulk at age 23!

We have to change our expectations and forget about his draft slot. Think of him as a 3rd round project with low 1st round physical skills.

QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 29 2016, 06:13 AM) *
You're joking right? I mean, really...

He sucks. There is no getting around that. He doesn't belong in the NFL. He sucks that badly.

Birdman420
Uh Joe,

you don't pay an investment like a 1st round pick and a boatload of cash for a project. Let him be someone else's problem.

The right youngsters come into the league on a high with a level of chef-like cockiness that is naive of their infallibility.

The NFL isn't the place for mental pussies, you blink and your career is gone. Why do you think wife beaters, thieves and animal abusers are still given a chance but those who don't preform on the field aren't?

Like hell I'm going to let this league turn into "everyone deserves a trophy for participating league"

THIS IS THE NFL IN PHILADELPHIA, MAN UP OR SHIP THE EFF OUT!
Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 28 2016, 06:59 PM) *

Or maybe they were trying to send a message to the whole receiver squad. From what little I saw, DGB may have received and understood that message.
Rick
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Nov 29 2016, 01:26 PM) *
Uh Joe,

you don't pay an investment like a 1st round pick and a boatload of cash for a project. Let him be someone else's problem.

The right youngsters come into the league on a high with a level of chef-like cockiness that is naive of their infallibility.

The NFL isn't the place for mental pussies, you blink and your career is gone. Why do you think wife beaters, thieves and animal abusers are still given a chance but those who don't preform on the field aren't?

Like hell I'm going to let this league turn into "everyone deserves a trophy for participating league"

THIS IS THE NFL IN PHILADELPHIA, MAN UP OR SHIP THE EFF OUT!

Well-said. The kid has not shown he is capable of playing in the NFL. Mental or not, he sucks.

This is the pros, it's not about how you play the game, it's about whether you win or lose. This notion that they should keep him around just becuse he may turn out to be good is, well, just dumb. There are a TON of guys who had incredible skills but never amounted to anything in ALL professional sports. It happens. Sometimes they can't perform under the bright lights. Sometimes they weren't really that good. What's NA's problem? I have no idea and I don't care. He doesn't belong on an NFL roster. Hell, I'm not sure he belongs on a practice squad!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.