Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cousins has earned that franchise tag
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
That s.o.b. is a solid QB. I suppose it doesn't hurt that he has the quality receiving corps that he does. Nonetheless, he has played really well.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 24 2016, 06:15 PM) *
That s.o.b. is a solid QB. I suppose it doesn't hurt that he has the quality receiving corps that he does. Nonetheless, he has played really well.

I think he's gonna get paid.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 24 2016, 07:48 PM) *
I think he's gonna get paid.

While his win % against winning teams is questionable, his stats (going back to last season) are formidable.

Cousins Stats
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 24 2016, 07:09 PM) *
While his win % against winning teams is questionable, his stats (going back to last season) are formidable.

I think Washington needs to hold on to him so they can turn their attention to their defense. I'm not used to watching a game where our defense is actually a little better than the other team's.
nephillymike
I was thinking the same thing.

He's legit. sad.gif
Joegrane
Yes, but at what price? If they overpay, there will be less $ to fix the D.

I still think Cousins is closer to Nick Foles than to a Top 10 QB.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 24 2016, 09:12 PM) *
I think Washington needs to hold on to him so they can turn their attention to their defense. I'm not used to watching a game where our defense is actually a little better than the other team's.

Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 24 2016, 09:13 PM) *

I don't believe that you can overpay for a franchise QB.

Curiously, why do you say that? Suffice it to say that if Nick Foles had continued to perform as well as Cousins he would still be a valuable starter in this league...likely ours. Cousins is not an unknown or even a question mark. Teams have enough game film on him, yet he continues to produce.

As it stands, we currently have the #4 QB in the division as our starter.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 24 2016, 08:13 PM) *

The problem is we are talking about Dan Snyder here. If he doesn't pay him, Cousins will likely go somewhere else and make the next ten pro bowls. If he does pay him, Cousins will likely go back to who he was before.
Dreagon
On the other hand, consider this:

Carson Wentz
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins

Eli Manning

Three teams in the NFC East appear to have a major piece of their future team in place. The Giants are looking good now, but...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 24 2016, 09:13 PM) *

Seriously? They both have 41 games under their belt....Foles has 8 300 yd games...Cousins has 17

Foles had one magical season but it you watch the highlights never has a QB had so many games with so many circus catches by his WRs. Cousins is a pretty good QB....he has some pretty good help but he is no Foles...he has been pretty good even while playing in what was a horribly dysfunctional place for several years.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 27 2016, 10:53 AM) *
Seriously? They both have 41 games under their belt....Foles has 8 300 yd games...Cousins has 17

Foles had one magical season but it you watch the highlights never has a QB had so many games with so many circus catches by his WRs. Cousins is a pretty good QB....he has some pretty good help but he is no Foles...he has been pretty good even while playing in what was a horribly dysfunctional place for several years.

Wow, 17 of 41?

That's depressing.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 27 2016, 12:31 PM) *
Wow, 17 of 41?

That's depressing.

And that is while playing in a real shit show of a franchise. To be fair he has had some good WRa. That helps but he is still a pretty good QB. He may be the best of the bunch.

He has had to deal with a lot of the Griffin circus and all the other screwy Skins stuff. He has done that really well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.