Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This one hurt alot
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
Yes, this was not what any true fan wanted, although, we know where we are are and what is needed to improve. I believe the internal people also see this. I even though people make jest of me because of my team of choice. (Steelers fans are just as bad as Dallas fans). I still stand all of 5'6" tall and go if the blowhards want.

I will always BLEED GREEN

Bless all of you!
JeeQ
I don't know why but this one didn't hurt at all. The Patriots have been destroying every team they've gone against and the Seahawks just beat them at home. I'm supposed to believe Wentz and the worst WR corp of all time combined with a spin the wheel choice for rushing plays is supposed to come in and beat that very same team in Seattle?

I'm impressed it was even close. Kudos to the defense who was on the field 99% of the game
Dreagon
Ain't no shame to losing to the 'hawks. Even money says they're in the NFC Championship.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 21 2016, 01:22 PM) *
Ain't no shame to losing to the 'hawks. Even money says they're in the NFC Championship.

It's not the loss, it's they way they lost.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 21 2016, 12:28 PM) *
It's not the loss, it's they way they lost.

True. But it's those kind of losses that make GMs and coaches face what they need to do. The game that sucks now might be remembered as the one where important decisions were made.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 21 2016, 04:58 PM) *
True. But it's those kind of losses that make GMs and coaches face what they need to do. The game that sucks now might be remembered as the one where important decisions were made.

No time for logic, reason or truth. huh.gif
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 21 2016, 11:48 AM) *
I don't know why but this one didn't hurt at all. The Patriots have been destroying every team they've gone against and the Seahawks just beat them at home. I'm supposed to believe Wentz and the worst WR corp of all time combined with a spin the wheel choice for rushing plays is supposed to come in and beat that very same team in Seattle?

I'm impressed it was even close. Kudos to the defense who was on the field 99% of the game

Plus, Russell Wilson is one helluva a QB. He seems to be able to make something out of nothing whenever he chooses to. Wilson is what McNabb should have been if everything went right and he had his head screwed on properly.
nephillymike
I'm one of the sorest losers around and this didn't hurt too much.

I thought we had about a 40% shot of a win, based upon ebb and flow, and my belief that our D line would dominate a subpar OL, and our running game being pretty good, and our QB being able to make all the throws, even those few when our suckass WR's getting open.

I was wrong.

What bugs me most is our defensive performance. I thought we were really good on that side of the ball. 300 yards in one half!

We're not.

This was the most loseable game on the schedule.

Not surprised we lost. Surprised we lost so bad.

As Belicheat would say:

" We're on to Green Bay"
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 21 2016, 10:27 PM) *
Not surprised we lost. Surprised we lost so bad.

Not surprised we lost and didn't think we "lost so bad." We were taking their punches and delivered one or two. What pisses me off is the stupid mistakes, not that we got beaten by what most will agree is a better team.
Joegrane
I'd agree with that if you were evaluating the first half. If NA does not cost them a TD and if he had caught the long pass the Eagles might have had a lead at the half.

The offense got dominated in the 3rd quarter and only started moving the ball in garbage time.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 22 2016, 08:37 AM) *
Not surprised we lost and didn't think we "lost so bad." We were taking their punches and delivered one or two. What pisses me off is the stupid mistakes, not that we got beaten by what most will agree is a better team.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.