Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just don't see it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I can't see a win this week.

I know about the let down factor, and I think it will keep it close.

SEA has averaged giving up 12.8 pts per game at home the last few years.

12.8!

Who the heck are the Eagles with these weak ass WR's to do much better than that?

Now I think our D will hold SEA to a reasonable number. Their O isn't all that. My worry is that SEA will have a bunch of short fields to work with.

I think we need a ST TD and another ST gift wrapped FG.

While not impossible for our great ST, it's not likely.

I see the computed lines in the 4.5-7.0 range, so nothing unusual in the line. I would lean towards the Eagles with the points, but it won't be one of my picks.

Seahawks 20
Eagles 16

Back to .500 with a lot of work to be done.
Joegrane
I agree with you about the Sea game.

You could add that the Eagles don't need this one. Sea will likely be the #2 seed with a first round bye. The games against GB, Skins and NYG appear to be much more important in the race for a Wild Card spot

However as we look forward, supposedly we still have one of the tougher schedules in the league, but it does not look nearly as tough as it did at the beginning of the year.

GB and Cinn are not the teams we expected. Balt has been very week against non-AFC-North teams.

The Eagles have all three NFC East games in Philly where they have played very well, esp on D.

L Johnson returns for the final two games, correct?

Important young players such as CW, 2 WRs, and 1 CB should be growing.

Big D might be playing to not get injured in the final week, although that might mean facing a healthy Tony Romo.

Sites that rate the teams have the Eagles @ around #12--borderline playoff caliber. That is far better than many of us expected, especially me.

Obviously past performance doesn't get you any Ws but it leaves the fans hopeful that they could compete for a Wild Card spot.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 17 2016, 10:34 PM) *
I can't see a win this week.
I see the computed lines in the 4.5-7.0 range, so nothing unusual in the line. I would lean towards the Eagles with the points, but it won't be one of my picks.

Seahawks 20
Eagles 16

Back to .500 with a lot of work to be done.
Zero
Eagles offense will be challenged to score, but there's hope if the running game is cookin'. ST will need to score but don't count out a score by the D.
Joegrane
I hope you are right but I suspect it will be much tougher to run against Sea's DLine than the Falcons.

I hear that Sea has a very impressive TO ratio.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 18 2016, 07:44 AM) *
Eagles offense will be challenged to score, but there's hope if the running game is cookin'. ST will need to score but don't count out a score by the D.

Dreagon
I would say it's winnable. This game looks like a defensive struggle where you guys special teams may make the difference.
Phits
On the plus side, we have played up to our competition this season. So this should be a close game.
Eyrie
The game won't finish over here until at least 12:30am.

I'll stay up to watch in hope but not expectation.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 18 2016, 02:21 PM) *
The game won't finish over here until at least 12:30am.

I'll stay up to watch in hope but not expectation.

Suck it up and take one for the team!

The old Monday night games that used to start at 9.00 were always good for a 12:30 am departure from the bar back in the day.

Win and it felt like the five hours sleep was a long winters nap of ten hours.

Lose and the tossing and turning felt like an hour's sleep.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 19 2016, 12:20 AM) *
Suck it up and take one for the team!

The old Monday night games that used to start at 9.00 were always good for a 12:30 am departure from the bar back in the day.

Win and it felt like the five hours sleep was a long winters nap of ten hours.

Lose and the tossing and turning felt like an hour's sleep.

I'll prepare for 60 minutes of sleep then!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.