Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This week is all on Fletch...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
He's going against a RG and RT who make Kelce and Big V look like HOF'ers. He's shown a career long penchant for being a significantly lesser player on the road than at home. He SHOULD be able to destroy the right side of their O-line. If he does, we have a chance. If he doesn't, we may have to realize we overpaid for a guy who dominates at home, and is "just a guy" on the road.

nephillymike
He had an excellent first four games and not much else since, regardless of venue.

Last week it was Logan as the disruptive force.

And I don't see Fletch being double teamed.
Pila
That's because you only get to surprise offenses for a few games. Afterwords offenses specifically design plans around that fact.

No defender is going to dominate on every down or every game. The reason we get different guys to stand out in different weeks is because attention shifts from week to week. Good defenses will have an array of guys to "show up" in parallel with attention going elsewhere.

Playing at home helps everyone, not just one guy. The player's attributes are the same - but the thing dictating performance isn't just his attributes in a vacuum. The factors dealing with traveling and crowd noise aren't fictional. It has an impact on the game and on overall performance.
D Rock
Sure, I get all that. It's rather obvious. But, it doesn't explain away the stark contrast in production from Fletcher between home and away games. And as another poster pointed out, he's NOT being double teamed. He's being shut down on the road. Like zero tackles, zero pressures, kind of shut down. This is unacceptable from a 100MillionDollar defensive cornerstone.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 18 2016, 11:31 AM) *
Sure, I get all that. It's rather obvious. But, it doesn't explain away the stark contrast in production from Fletcher between home and away games. And as another poster pointed out, he's NOT being double teamed. He's being shut down on the road. Like zero tackles, zero pressures, kind of shut down. This is unacceptable from a 100MillionDollar defensive cornerstone.

Agree.
Joegrane
I'm not taking sides in the debate but this is a film review on the subject.
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagl...tive-vs-falcons

QUOTE (D Rock @ Nov 18 2016, 12:31 PM) *

D Rock
That game was in philly.

The whole point here, is that he's great in philly, and utter shite on the road.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.