Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christine Micheal
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Seattle just put their leading rusher on the waiver wire.

Christine Micheal: 117 carries, 469 yards, 6 TDs, and zero fumbles. He might be a good fit for you guys.
Joegrane
Should the Eagles sign him and cut Barner just to keep C Micheal from being picked up by the Vikings?

I don't dislike Barner but Smallwood could take Barner's role returning kicks.

I expect the Eagles to draft a feature RB in this year's draft so Barner could be the odd man out after this season anyway.

Micheal was a low 2nd rounder in 2013 but has under-performed his draft slot. He has a long history of questionable "character" This is his third NFL team and was his 2nd stint with Seattle.

He is not the type of guy who I'd expect to pick up a new offense quickly.

Might the Giants pick him up ahead of the Eagles?

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 15 2016, 09:41 PM) *
Seattle just put their leading rusher on the waiver wire.

Christine Micheal: 117 carries, 469 yards, 6 TDs, and zero fumbles. He might be a good fit for you guys.
Zero
Doesn't sound like a good fit to me.
Michael was too inconsistent for the Seahawks. He struggled to hit the right hole or trust the design of the play. Those are vital elements of any run game but particularly for the Seahawks. The running back is the conductor of the offensive line. His patience, the number of steps he takes, all those details help a run succeed or fail.

Just the other week offensive line coach Tom Cable pointed out that Michael had struggled to read plays the way they were intended. Slice through all the optimism about Michael’s return, and the issue came back to trust: The Seahawks couldn’t rely on Michael to do what they wanted.
Linc ...
Rick
Not sure what problem this would solve. The Eagles are currently 8th in the NFL in rushing offense. The running back situation is just fine. Could it be better? Sure, can always be better. Their MUCH larger problem is their receivers can't catch and their defensive backs can't cover (this shows up when they don't get pressure on the QB). These problems need to be solved before something which isn't a problem is solved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.