Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wentz Is A Gun With No Bullets
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
Which means this team has no weapons

Howie, you've got some work to do
RyanBreakfast
Any idea why Matthews would be expecting that ball to be on the inside...
JeeQ
QUOTE (RyanBreakfast @ Nov 6 2016, 02:25 PM) *
Any idea why Matthews would be expecting that ball to be on the inside...

He sucks?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 6 2016, 04:26 PM) *
He sucks?

Nailed it.
Eyrie
Hicks showed better hands than any of the receivers today.
Reality Fan
sadly it was not just the WRs today
Rick
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 6 2016, 07:16 PM) *
Hicks showed better hands than any of the receivers today.

And last week...
BisonEagleFan
I'm really worried about the fact that coach Peterson isn't willing to accept any responsibility and worse refuses to acknowledge that the plays he's called have been at best head scratchers and worse just horrible play calling by himself. It's one thing to try something a few times and realize hey that doesn't work or wasn't the best way to put the players into a position to succeed or win but then to say it was all failed execution and not say I messed up that call and will learn from it is just crap. Peterson needs to own up to some horrible playcalling and learn from it or it won't matter who they put on the field at any position good players can't overcome bad coaching IMHO.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (BisonEagleFan @ Nov 8 2016, 03:47 PM) *
I'm really worried about the fact that coach Peterson isn't willing to accept any responsibility

I would generally agree with this.

He's been more Chip than Andy thus far. I prefer the Andy approach. I know, that's probably shocking to most around here.
Phits
Execution has been a bigger issue than playcalling:
-Don't take a penalty
-Don't take a sack
-Catch the ball

QUOTE (BisonEagleFan @ Nov 8 2016, 03:47 PM) *
I'm really worried about the fact that coach Peterson isn't willing to accept any responsibility and worse refuses to acknowledge that the plays he's called have been at best head scratchers and worse just horrible play calling by himself. It's one thing to try something a few times and realize hey that doesn't work or wasn't the best way to put the players into a position to succeed or win but then to say it was all failed execution and not say I messed up that call and will learn from it is just crap. Peterson needs to own up to some horrible playcalling and learn from it or it won't matter who they put on the field at any position good players can't overcome bad coaching IMHO.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 8 2016, 07:48 PM) *
Execution has been a bigger issue than playcalling:
-Don't take a penalty
-Don't take a sack
-Catch the ball

I am with you here....you can't say it is the play calling and then say the WRs suck and drop the ball all the time or that the QB can call audibles and is a genius but then fail to read the blitz and takes bad sacks...or completely misreads the defensive end on the read option. I think Pederson has been actually pretty good at playcalling for the most part. Wentz has performed better than expected actually. Misreading blitzes as a rookie is to be expected. Nothing Pederson can do about dumb penalties or dropped passes. It is one thing if they are ridiculous catches that are missed but having Agholar drop the 3rd down pass is completely unplanned for. I am pleasantly surprised by pederson and his game plans. As long as Wentz starts to grow as the season progresses i am happy. My only real worry is that he is 0-4 growing for a win or tie in the 4th quarter...that scares me. Other than that it has not been a bad start for the coach.
mcnabbulous
Have you really seen Wentz take a bunch of bad sacks? That doesn't seem to be a big issue thus far. Especially considering opposing DCs know they can tee him up.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 8 2016, 09:47 PM) *
Have you really seen Wentz take a bunch of bad sacks? That doesn't seem to be a big issue thus far. Especially considering opposing DCs know they can tee him up.

Have you actually watched the 4th quarter of his losses?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.