Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Even though it worked out, I thought Pedey
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
But then again, he probably has about as much faith in our secondary as I do and decided what the hell, why not.
Rick
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 6 2016, 05:10 PM) *
But then again, he probably has about as much faith in our secondary as I do and decided what the hell, why not.

I agree.

In the end, it didn't work out anyway because they had to kick a FG...
Zero
They needed the three points so a TD would win. If he had kicked the two field goals earlier instead of running Sproles on fourth down they wouldn't have needed that fourth down risk ... even if it did work. I hope Pederson gets his shit straight next year.
Eyrie
That was the only one that I agreed with for the reason Zero gave.

It was far too early to be chasing the scoreboard on the other two, and the first error was compounded by a bizarre play call that never stood a chance. I suspect the second decision was a result of not taking the three points first time round.

Let's hope our rookie HC learns his lesson. However I'll point out that he can't concentrate properly on being the head coach and making the correct decision at a time like that when he has his head buried in the play chart, which is why he shouldn't be calling plays.
The Franchise
There's a difference between being aggressive and being stupid. Take the points both times. And if you aren't going to take the points, call a play that doesn't involve Wentz scrambling to the side or handing it off to Sproles.

What's with those ridiculous designed Wentz bootlegs? 4 carries for -4 yards. I hope Pedey's assistants have an intervention with him today.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 6 2016, 06:45 PM) *
They needed the three points so a TD would win. If he had kicked the two field goals earlier instead of running Sproles on fourth down they wouldn't have needed that fourth down risk ... even if it did work. I hope Pederson gets his shit straight next year.

I understand that. What I was saying is it didn't work out because he went for it in the hopes he would (eventually) score a TD and have a chance to tie.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 6 2016, 07:46 PM) *
There's a difference between being aggressive and being stupid. Take the points both times. And if you aren't going to take the points, call a play that doesn't involve Wentz scrambling to the side or handing it off to Sproles.

What's with those ridiculous designed Wentz bootlegs? 4 carries for -4 yards. I hope Pedey's assistants have an intervention with him today.

I wouldn't have been upset if he'd have kicked the FGs and I'm not upset he went for it both times (although the first time was more bizarre since it was almost 3 yards). I'm upset because, yet again, in a short yardage situation, he calls a play that starts out BACKWARDS on the first one and then hands the ball off 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage to a guy who is NOT a power runner who is running into a defense that pretty much knew they were running the ball. Same kind of BS play calling he made last week in a similar situation that he then defended. He also defended his decisions this time at the half when they asked him about it.

He really does remind me of the fat one in that he never seems to learn from his mistakes...
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 6 2016, 07:49 PM) *
I wouldn't have been upset if he'd have kicked the FGs and I'm not upset he went for it both times (although the first time was more bizarre since it was almost 3 yards). I'm upset because, yet again, in a short yardage situation, he calls a play that starts out BACKWARDS on the first one and then hands the ball off 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage to a guy who is NOT a power runner who is running into a defense that pretty much knew they were running the ball. Same kind of BS play calling he made last week in a similar situation that he then defended. He also defended his decisions this time at the half when they asked him about it.

He really does remind me of the fat one in that he never seems to learn from his mistakes...

Yep.
Reality Fan
By the way...how about that Demarco Murray who was "done"?
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 6 2016, 07:49 PM) *

I don't want to go there yet after only 8 games. Ryan Matthews has effectively been removed from the gameplan, so that's a good sign that he can adjust. Next I pray that he scraps those retarded Wentz bootlegs from the playbook.

Assuming he does that, if we can get him to understand that he isn't playing Madden and to take the points midway through the first quarter when it's 4th and 2, we're good. He took 6 points off the board that ended up being the difference between a W and an L, and that's 2 divisional games in a row that we've paid for it.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 6 2016, 08:53 PM) *
I don't want to go there yet after only 8 games. Ryan Matthews has effectively been removed from the gameplan, so that's a good sign that he can adjust. Next I pray that he scraps those retarded Wentz bootlegs from the playbook.

Assuming he does that, if we can get him to understand that he isn't playing Madden and to take the points midway through the first quarter when it's 4th and 2, we're good. He took 6 points off the board that ended up being the difference between a W and an L, and that's 2 divisional games in a row that we've paid for it.

You're missing the point. Although it is a good sign Matthews time has been limited, it's even more scary that he continues to call shit plays that start BACKWARDS in short yardage situations. Then, when questioned about it, he doubles down by DEFENDING his play calling THEN does it 2 more times in the next game. Oh, then he DEFENDS his play calling AGAIN when asked about it. That is epic.

At least Andy won a bunch of games in spite of his inability to learn from his mistakes. It doesn't look like Pedersen is capable of doing the same thing.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 6 2016, 09:02 PM) *
You're missing the point. Although it is a good sign Matthews time has been limited, it's even more scary that he continues to call shit plays that start BACKWARDS in short yardage situations. Then, when questioned about it, he doubles down by DEFENDING his play calling THEN does it 2 more times in the next game. Oh, then he DEFENDS his play calling AGAIN when asked about it. That is epic.

At least Andy won a bunch of games in spite of his inability to learn from his mistakes. It doesn't look like Pedersen is capable of doing the same thing.

No I get the point, I'm just not ready to label him as Stubborn Andy quite yet.

Andy had #5 and JJ. Even though McNabb hardly ever had a WR to throw to, he had his legs at first, a couple superstar running backs, and a killer o-line.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 6 2016, 09:06 PM) *
No I get the point, I'm just not ready to label him as Stubborn Andy quite yet.

Andy had #5 and JJ. Even though McNabb hardly ever had a WR to throw to, he had his legs at first, a couple superstar running backs, and a killer o-line.

Exactly, he was able to be that way because he had some talent. This team has little/no talent. They can't afford for someone to be even remotely like that.

Is it maybe too early to say he's that bad? Sure. But it certainly looks exactly like the way Andy was when he coached here. It's not a good sign.
Joegrane
It has to be the O Line. Why else would you have a 185lb RB in the game in short yardage? Coach must feel that he needs someone to make something out of nothing.

The rookie RB seems to be the type who runs hard into the assigned hole and takes what the O Line gives him.

The lack of touches for Matthews is disturbing. Glad to see him get the TD.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 6 2016, 09:06 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.