Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This game is tough to predict
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
NYG coming off two wins and the standard league mandated pre Eagles game bye.

PHI coming off a killer loss, plus the Distracting Huff episode.

Thought it was odd Pedey gave them off the extra day when that is normally reserved for winners.

The Eagles have owned them in NY.

We'll need to get to 24 points, no small task.

Got to win this game as we have ATL, GB and SEA on the horizon.

5-3 so much better than 4-4.

Joegrane
When trying to predict an Eagles game you have to know how good the opposing O Line is. If they are weak, the good Eagles D Line could dominate the game. That has happened more then once to Eli. He wilts. Unfortunately B Logan is out again.

This article suggests that GB was getting pressure with 4 D Linemen.
http://nypost.com/2016/10/10/giants-offens...a-major-problem

The following could mean a long day for CW and the RBs

How Giants' defensive line got the better of Cowboys' O-line
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/p...-cowboys-o-line
Eyrie
I'll be watching in hope rather than expectation, but then that was my view for the year at the start of the season.

Wentz coming back to being average (which is actually good for a rookie), Johnson being out, weak CBs, Pederson making wrong decisions - none of these are unexpected.
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 6 2016, 07:35 AM) *
Wentz coming back to being average (which is actually good for a rookie), Johnson being out, weak CBs, Pederson making wrong decisions - none of these are unexpected.

I would argue that the level of regression since the bye is unexpected. Both our rookie HC and QB have been underwhelming over the last 4 games.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 6 2016, 02:15 PM) *
I would argue that the level of regression since the bye is unexpected. Both our rookie HC and QB have been underwhelming over the last 4 games.

I would argue that the level of success before the bye was unexpected. Both our rookie HC and QB have been performing at a predictable level over the last four games.

That doesn't make the losses to the Lions and Cowboys any easier to take because we should have closed out both games.
JeeQ
Whether we like it or not the NFC East has become the Beast this year as is the best division in football. This morning we have to prove we are not the least of the beast. Winner stays in the running for a division crown, loser is a bottom dweller.

If we go 0-3 against division rivals though than Pedey and Howie better do some soul searching tonight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.