Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WR question
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Bryce Treggs was signed off waivers in September. He's on the active roster, supposedly runs sub 4.0 and has been invisible all season. Wentz has a cannon arm. Couldn't Treggs just sprint downfield and take a defender to clear the underneath?
BisonEagleFan
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 2 2016, 06:23 AM) *
Bryce Treggs was signed off waivers in September. He's on the active roster, supposedly runs sub 4.0 and has been invisible all season. Wentz has a cannon arm. Couldn't Treggs just sprint downfield and take a defender to clear the underneath?

Good question, I've wondered the same thing.
Phits
Out (Knee): Treggs is sidelined due to a sprained MCL and will miss an undetermined amount of time. (Updated October 31, 2016)

Joegrane
I bet they are still trying to develop N Agholor and recognize the contributions of Huff especially in kickoff returns.

Treggs maybe slow to learn the offense. Maybe he can't block. Maybe he is just being used as a speed receiver on the scout team. There must be reasons he was not drafted. Some draft reports say he is not physical or does not have deep speed. Some say he is more of a slot receiver with quickness. Others say he his hands are not very reliable. I assume his numbers in college were helped by having a pro-quality QB throwing to him. He is listed at 6' 185lbs.

I still think Agholor will have a chance to gain weight and strength and be a solid #2 or #3 receiver. I don't expect him to ever live up to his draft slot however you don't want to dump inexpensive players with upside potential.

I really like that they picked up DGB. CW seems to be gaining trust in him. CW seems to throw to DGB in tight windows, in traffic. He occasionally breaks tackles. In contrast NA rarely gets enough separation to even make a move after a catch, let alone break a tackle.

I'm glad that DGB is around to remind NA that his PT is not guaranteed. He did not deserve to be a starter last year and he still does not deserve it this year.

I still am concerned that NA reminds me too much of Todd Pinkston who never seemed to gain the strength to deal with press coverage.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 2 2016, 07:23 AM) *

Rick
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 2 2016, 05:29 PM) *
I still think Agholor will have a chance to gain weight and strength and be a solid #2 or #3 receiver. I don't expect him to ever live up to his draft slot however you don't want to dump inexpensive players with upside potential.

Too bad his size/strength aren't his problems. He can't get open and he can't catch the ball. Time to move on from him. They need to stop trying to make it work just because he's getting the money. He's not performing...not even remotely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.