Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We got what we deserved
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Dropped the Interception

Fumbled the ball.

Dropped six passes tonight.

Call that pussy pass four yards behind the line to take us out of FG range.

Got bitched slapped on the last drive.

All for the privilege to play for last place in the division next week.

Congrats.

They earned it.

The only good that can come out of this is that Howie gets us a real WR, because there are none on this team.

And how about those investments?

Ertz, Cox, Curry, they've been giving us nothing.

At least Graham has played well.

Get me a fucking WR or stop wasting my time.
Pila
Defense played well. Difficult to defend the insistence to call plays behind the line of scrimmage in early downs in short yardage situations. I think that was incredibly amateurish, and it cost us the game.
The Franchise
At least we know Sturgis is Akers reborn.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 30 2016, 11:30 PM) *
At least we know Sturgis is Akers reborn.

Which makes the decision to punt in the fourth even more infuriating
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 31 2016, 04:30 AM) *
Defense played well. Difficult to defend the insistence to call plays behind the line of scrimmage in early downs in short yardage situations. I think that was incredibly amateurish, and it cost us the game.

Next time Fletcher Cox makes a play on the road will be the first.

It's beyond a trend and this point. It's bankable.

Look at his line. And he was man-on-man vs their RG all night. I was didn't see a single double team on him. Just a guy. A hundred million dollar guy.

At home? He's a beast. But he's getting paid for 8 games a year. Not 16.

I agree on the offensive design and play calling. Weak ass football. To call a pass 2 yards behind the LOS, on 2nd and 2, at midfield, with a 7 point lead in the mid 4th quarter, and momentum on your side is purely gutless.

And the play you referred was equally atrocious. They were sitting on it.
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 31 2016, 06:46 AM) *
Next time Fletcher Cox makes a play on the road will be the first.

It's beyond a trend and this point. It's bankable.

Look at his line. And he was man-on-man vs their RG all night. I was didn't see a single double team on him. Just a guy. A hundred million dollar guy.

At home? He's a beast. But he's getting paid for 8 games a year. Not 16.

I agree on the offensive design and play calling. Weak ass football. To call a pass 2 yards behind the LOS, on 2nd and 2, at midfield, with a 7 point lead in the mid 4th quarter, and momentum on your side is purely gutless.

And the play you referred was equally atrocious. They were sitting on it.

I thought the defense played well overall - they have a good offense over there with legitimate probowlers. Dropping interceptions every week is infuriating though.

Coaching on the other side of the ball was very rookie like and it cost the Eagles a game they had in the bag. Let's see if these become lessons or trends.
D Rock
Sure, they were ok overall. Doesn't hide the fact that Fletch had 1 tackle that I saw. He got zero penetration, zero pressure, and zero sacks. This wile going 1-on-1 all night with their RG. This wasn't a case of him "eating up blocks" and handling double and/or triple teams. This was our hundred million dollar man, playing like he's "just a guy."

If you pay attention, that's who he is on the road. Totally different player at home.

I agree the offensive coaching sucked.

But it did give Fletch and the defense a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. And that offense, rookie like or not, never saw the field in OT.
Rick
Although Cox was like he wasn't on the field, the defense played well...until they decided to play the prevent defense in the 4th quarter. Dak was having a rough night until we sat back and let him start completing passes.

I hate the fucking prevent defense!!!!
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 31 2016, 12:24 AM) *
Ertz, Cox, Curry, they've been giving us nothing.

At least Graham has played well.

On the bright side, I know I wasn't the only one here to gasp at a Marcus Smith sighting - 2.5 career sacks and counting!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.