Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For all his good
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
He doesn't inspire confidence in his ability to lead a game winning drive. Though, DP didn't do him any favors with the conservative play calling.

Hopefully Howie goes into his bag of tricks and makes something happen by the trade deadline. Wentz' fetish for short passes are a direct result of our receivers inability to catch the ball. I just hope that he makes the adjustment when/if he gets a reliable downfield target.
JeeQ
Team has no confidence in it's WRs
Team has no confidnece in it's RBs

Neither do I
mcnabbulous
I don't get it but they made him play with handcuffs tonight. Doug cost us this game. It's really simple.

Even his fear of kicking a 53 yard field goal is deserving of ridicule. He coached scared and I called it out in the first quarter.
Pila
Is 2ndv down and 2 late in the 4th. Why play behind the line of scrimmage?

That's just fucking sophomoric.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 30 2016, 11:15 PM) *
I don't get it but they made him play with handcuffs tonight. Doug cost us this game. It's really simple.

Even his fear of kicking a 53 yard field goal is deserving of ridicule. He coached scared and I called it out in the first quarter.

For once we agree (in other words, for once you're right). Absolutely terrible playcalling led to being knocked out of field goal range.

Also, while it's commendable he took Fumbilitis Matthews off the field for most of the game, at the beginning of the 2nd half on 3rd and 1 that was one of the stupidest play calls I can imagine. This one's on Pederson.
Reality Fan
all this is funny to listen to.....last year it was the QBs fault they threw short a lot in an offense that, well, throws short.

This year it is the coach......lol

I do agree that they called some terrible plays but they did not audible out of much and he did not read the blitz well.

No big deal...rookie year blues
Pila
It's convenience.

mcnabbulous
Haha because one guy has 7 years of film. That's why.

Keep defending Sam though dude. It's a bad look that suits you well.

It was seriously obvious from the first drive that Doug was protecting Carson tonight. It was inexplicable but obvious.

If you're saying coaches are still protecting Sam...I don't know what it says about him.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2016, 04:09 AM) *
He doesn't inspire confidence in his ability to lead a game winning drive. Though, DP didn't do him any favors with the conservative play calling.

Hopefully Howie goes into his bag of tricks and makes something happen by the trade deadline. Wentz' fetish for short passes are a direct result of our receivers inability to catch the ball. I just hope that he makes the adjustment when/if he gets a reliable downfield target.

90% of it was design. Dumbass, cowardly design. All on Doug as I see it. You can't call him "check down charlie" when the play call has him throwing 2 yards behind the LOS on 2nd and 2, a 7 point lead, at mid field, with momentum on your side. That's go for the jugular time. Not be cute, and hope your dog shit WR can make a play FOR ONCE!

This loss is on Doug and the WRs. The defense also pissed away a 10 point 4th quarter lead, and pissed it's pants in OT.

Fucking Frauds.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 31 2016, 01:13 AM) *
90% of it was design. Dumbass, cowardly design. All on Doug as I see it. You can't call him "check down charlie" when the play call has him throwing 2 yards behind the LOS on 2nd and 2, a 7 point lead, at mid field, with momentum on your side. That's go for the jugular time. Not be cute, and hope your dog shit WR can make a play FOR ONCE!

This loss is on Doug and the WRs. The defense also pissed away a 10 point 4th quarter lead, and pissed it's pants in OT.

Fucking Frauds.

it is always the design dumbass...Kelly's offense had the same fucking "throw the ball behind the LOS" bullshit only even more of it.

It is certainly on the coach, it always is, but Wentz has a long learning curve ahead of him/
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 31 2016, 05:22 AM) *
it is always the design dumbass...Kelly's offense had the same fucking "throw the ball behind the LOS" bullshit only even more of it.

It is certainly on the coach, it always is, but Wentz has a long learning curve ahead of him/

laugh.gif

So, you agree with me. And, I'm a dumbass. You keep good company.

The difference? I'm not a dick.

Dick.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 12:35 AM) *
Haha because one guy has 7 years of film. That's why.

Keep defending Sam though dude. It's a bad look that suits you well.

It was seriously obvious from the first drive that Doug was protecting Carson tonight. It was inexplicable but obvious.

If you're saying coaches are still protecting Sam...I don't know what it says about him.

hahahaha...that is the funny part...I am not saying a thing about Bradford...I am pointing out your stupidity....

and your hypocrisy....Kelly's offense here was not much of a vertical offense but you expected it to be....as the QB got healthy he pushed the ball downfield but the offense was still full of mostly screen plays and short passes....now you can say the coach tonight did the same thing and show what a hypocrite you are or acknowledge both are the result of the offense being run.

The next thing you have to wonder, and I believe you asked the same thing at another position, is what are they seeing that is making them "protect" him?

Not throwing the ball downfield is not from having poor WRs.....The commentators mentioned the fact that he barely threw the ball 10 yards the whole game. Did they fool him that much?
D Rock
Where it's not "design" is when the first 2 reads are down the field, and the safety valve is the FB leaking underneath for 5 yards.

THIS is the REASON, the source of your newly rejuvenated hard on in minny is "check down charlie."

THAT's not design.

What we witnessed tonight, was design. That you're too daft to catch the nuance is expected.

Dumbass.

D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 31 2016, 05:27 AM) *
hahahaha...that is the funny part...I am not saying a thing about Bradford...I am pointing out your stupidity....

and your hypocrisy....Kelly's offense here was not much of a vertical offense but you expected it to be....as the QB got healthy he pushed the ball downfield but the offense was still full of mostly screen plays and short passes....now you can say the coach tonight did the same thing and show what a hypocrite you are or acknowledge both are the result of the offense being run.

The next thing you have to wonder, and I believe you asked the same thing at another position, is what are they seeing that is making them "protect" him?

Not throwing the ball downfield is not from having poor WRs.....The commentators mentioned the fact that he barely threw the ball 10 yards the whole game. Did they fool him that much?

It doesn't take a preceptive genius to understand ANY words from you in the realm of "check down charlie" are in some way skewed in the laughable defense of your fan boy crush.

No worries, mate. It's cute when the geriatric "come out" late in life.

tongue.gif
mcnabbulous
Every young QB has a learning curve. Unfortunately our coaching staff is afraid to let him learn and are coddling him right now. It's a mistake.

If it's happening in his 7th season, I'll be real worried though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.