Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too conservative tonight
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
In what figures to be a high scoring game (at least by our opponent) it seems like we have come out a bit scared. Tons of low risk passes, not willing to press it on short yardage.

I don't like it.
Reality Fan
I am sure there is a reason for it and that worries me....
Phits
Conservative play calling continues ... even after the half.
mcnabbulous
Doug has coached to lose all night. I'm very disappointed.
JeeQ
Gave the game away... so pissed
Reality Fan
So are you saying that for Wentz there are no deep routes or intermediate routes?

Funny for a guy who loves the "game manager term....

He looks scared to throw the ball now..what worries me more is that is 3 times he had the chance to take over in the 4th quarter and do something to win a game and he is 0-3 and none were even close to special....that is a bummer
Pila
Game was lost late in the 4th Q with a 2nd down and 2. That play behind the line of scrimmage was absurdily pedestrian. It was critical.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 30 2016, 11:06 PM) *
So are you saying that for Wentz there are no deep routes or intermediate routes?

He looks scared to throw the ball now..what worries me more is that is 3 times he had the chance to take over in the 4th quarter and do something to win a game and he is 0-3 and none were even close to special....that is a bummer

Seriously, it was obvious he was handcuffed by the playcalling. He was getting the ball out immediately all night long.

Yes, he was treated like a game manager tonight. But that is because our HC absolutely shit the bed. Rest assured, that is the consensus.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 31 2016, 12:06 AM) *

That has me worried too.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 30 2016, 11:06 PM) *

This is such a bullshit take. It was obvious from the first quarter that Doug was afraid to open it up.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 01:15 AM) *
In what figures to be a high scoring game (at least by our opponent) it seems like we have come out a bit scared. Tons of low risk passes, not willing to press it on short yardage.

I don't like it.

100% agreed. I kept yelling "take the handcuffs off." The offensive design was pure pussy. The defense shit the bed with a 10 point 4th quarter lead. And decided the game was over when we lost the toss in OT. Our corners are fucking terrible. And the next time Fletcher Fucking Cox makes a play on the road will be HIS FIRST.

This is not a play off team. Develope the rookie, and stop being "cute." WR bubble screens are fucking GAY. Especially when your WR corps is comprised of heavy footed brick handers, with astigmatism. And where the FUCK are the TEs?

This group of QB whisperers is a myth. It hasn't looked "good" in a month. We're all just still too high from the 1st three weeks to see it.
mcnabbulous
I'd rather see Wentz throw 20 picks and learn/grow as a QB than watch this garbage.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 05:32 AM) *
I'd rather see Wentz throw 20 picks and learn/grow as a QB than watch this garbage.

Exactly. Not a play off team. Let the kid learn.

I'm afraid we're discovering Doug Pederson is a fraud.

Since the bye week. The play calling has been predictable. The design questionable. The adjustments 50/50. Going to the hurry up in the 3rd was a great adjustment. But you need something else. You can't do that shit with a double digit lead in the 4th.

I was never sold on doug. I was buoyed by the early returns, but I think we're seeing his MO now. Perhaps he questions his O line? But asking this group of WRs to make plays, and ignoring the TEs is crazy to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.