Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I want to see tomorrow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Besides an Eagles win.

I want to see Wentz put on a performance that everyone watching the game will see that he is the best QB in the game.

No more of the risky passes.

No more of the bad mechanics to his left.

No more forgetting the tight ends, when your WR's suck.

No more dropping snaps because you are not seeing the ball into you hands.

Lastly, take off and run with the ball a few times by design. God gave you speed and power, use it. The other guy will.

I've had enough of the Dak praise.

We picked our guy #2 and gave up a shit load to get him.

I want to know that he's better than the guy picked off the scrap heap in the 4th round.

Get it done Kid!!

It's Dallas and I have no tolerance for bad play!!
Joegrane
I hear you but this is not the NBA where the best player often wins.

remember Nick Foles in 2013. He had a very good O Line surrounded by serious weapons.

In the NFL you have to have a team.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 29 2016, 08:41 PM) *
Besides an Eagles win.

I want to see Wentz put on a performance that everyone watching the game will see that he is the best QB in the game.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 29 2016, 09:34 PM) *
I hear you but this is not the NBA where the best player often wins.

remember Nick Foles in 2013. He had a very good O Line surrounded by serious weapons.

In the NFL you have to have a team.

More than anything he had an offensive scheme no one knew how to stop.
JeeQ
Just Win Baby!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 29 2016, 08:41 PM) *
Besides an Eagles win.

Lastly, take off and run with the ball a few times by design. God gave you speed and power, use it. The other guy will.

I want to know that he's better than the guy picked off the scrap heap in the 4th round.

Get it done Kid!!

Agree on everything. Damn, I hate Dallas!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 29 2016, 07:41 PM) *
Besides an Eagles win.

Get it done Kid!!

You got your wish. Regardless of the outcome.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 02:45 AM) *
You got your wish. Regardless of the outcome.

Huh?

We saw none of it, and pissed away a win we had in our hands.

Risky passes? Yep.

Ignoring the TEs despite the WRs sucking balls? Yep.

God given running ability? Yep.

Dropped snaps in the gun? Yep.

mcnabbulous
He was very clearly better than Dak. Despite being hamstrung by his coaches and skill players.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 10:48 AM) *
He was very clearly better than Dak. Despite being hamstrung by his coaches and skill players.

You have your rose colored glasses on (for Wentz). Dax lead his team back from a 10 point deficit and an o/t TD for the win Wentz is still audibling to a check down pass. 32/43 pass attempts for 202 yards.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2016, 05:10 PM) *
You have your rose colored glasses on (for Wentz). Dax lead his team back from a 10 point deficit and an o/t TD for the win Wentz is still audibling to a check down pass. 32/43 pass attempts for 202 yards.

I agree about the rose colored glasses, but when Carson checks out of a play, it's to a run more often than not. The dink and dunk garbage was by design and more on Doug than Carson, as I see it.

mcnabbulous
Dak competed 48% of his passes last night. If you want to crown him, go right ahead. But if our coach doesn't shit the bed, we win that game easily.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 31 2016, 01:17 PM) *
I agree about the rose colored glasses, but when Carson checks out of a play, it's to a run more often than not. The dink and dunk garbage was by design and more on Doug than Carson, as I see it.

I agree that DP called a shitty game, but all season long I have heard how great Wentz is at the line of scrimmage....how cerebral he is at reading defenses and making adjustments at the line. Last night he completed 32 passes for a whopping 202 yards. JMatt had 11 receptions for 65 yards. Ever since the bye, the play calling has been conservative and Wentz has become a dink and dunk machine:
vs DET : 25/33 = 238 yards
vs WAS : 20-27 = 179 yards
vs MIN : 16/28 = 138 yards
vs DAL : 23/29 = 202 yards

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 01:42 PM) *
Dak competed 48% of his passes last night. If you want to crown him, go right ahead. But if our coach doesn't shit the bed, we win that game easily.

Down by 10 Dak led his team to a 10 back win after having a shitty 3 quarters. He was nearly flawless in O/T with the game on the line. By comparison, Wentz took 2 sacks in his final possession.
mcnabbulous
Yeah it's not like Dak threw what should have been a terrible interception just prior to tossing up his jump ball to Dez.

He was clearly the lesser QB on the field last night. There is nothing rose colored about that.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 04:30 PM) *
Yeah it's not like Dak threw what should have been a terrible interception just prior to tossing up his jump ball to Dez.

He was clearly the lesser QB on the field last night. There is nothing rose colored about that.

For 3 quarters Wentz was the better QB. With the game on the line CW wilted 3 times under the pressure. The "lesser QB" put his shit together when it counted and had a game winning TD pass in o/t.
Rick
I hate this but I have to agree with Nabby. Wentz was the better QB last night if you look at how they played. Prescott got the win, however, and, in the NFL, that's all that matters.

The horrible offensive gameplan (and calls during the game) certainly didn't help Wentz. The fact that we have absolute SHIT for receivers also doesn't help.

Prescott has Dez Bryant (a stud WR) and a couple of other guys who are pretty good at catching the ball. Not to mention a RB who is a man possessed. Thankfully, he won't last long in the NFL running like that. wink.gif

Throw in the stupid prevent defense that is what got Prescott going in the first place and the Eagles beat themselves last night.

P.S. Let's not forget yet ANOTHER fumble in a big situation and tons of drops...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2016, 03:36 PM) *
For 3 quarters Wentz was the better QB. With the game on the line CW wilted 3 times under the pressure. The "lesser QB" put his shit together when it counted and had a game winning TD pass in o/t.

Lesser QB threw a what should have been an INT on the game tying drive. There shouldn't have even been an OT had our team not bungled the game away.

You say Wentz wilted, but until I'm presented with evidence that his counterparts actually stepped up in those scenarios, I doubt anything was available for the taking.
bwc2112
Both preformed well, That word and THE EAGLES.
JUST REMEMBER
They come to OUR house next. whipitgood.gif
At least we didn't tie them
Gotta love Redskins.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 05:15 PM) *
Lesser QB threw a what should have been an INT on the game tying drive. There shouldn't have even been an OT had our team not bungled the game away.

You say Wentz wilted, but until I'm presented with evidence that his counterparts actually stepped up in those scenarios, I doubt anything was available for the taking.

Everyone forgets the dropped game ending INT and crowns the QB great.

See Manning, Eli. or Samuel, Asante.

So I'm at a packed bar (I know, big surprise), and right before that dropped INT, I say to a relative who is an obnoxious Cowboys fan, "Hey, do you know this month is the 10 year anniversary of Leto's pick six on Bledsoe for the game clinching INT. I can feel another game clinching INT coming. Two plays later, the would have been INT happens, place goes crazy!!

And then the overturn....

I go from being prophetic and wise to being pathetic and foolish in a matter of seconds. I sat there like the rest of Eagle fandom and players, tail between their legs watching a cheap tent fold in the wind.

I coulda been somebody.

So coulda the team.
mcnabbulous
I've never felt more Denny Green, but the whole "they are who we thought they are" schtick is so perfect here.

Dak is clearly a talented guy, but he is in a perfect situation and still shit the bed for most of the night. When faced with any level of pressure, he lost all ability to pass.

It's almost inconceivable how poorly Chip evaluated receiver talent. What a bum.
Phits
Wentz had 3 opportunities to put the game away and failed. This is the 3rd game I've seen him come up short, when faced with a game clinching situation.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2016, 07:39 PM) *
Wentz had 3 opportunities to put the game away and failed. This is the 3rd game I've seen him come up short, when faced with a game clinching situation.

Really? Did he knock the ball out of Mathews hands in Detroit?

This nightmare was playing itself out in the first quarter with Doug's shitty game plan. If you want to put that on a rookie QB, so be it.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 09:12 PM) *
Really? Did he knock the ball out of Mathews hands in Detroit?

No, but he threw the game ending INT. Perhaps that interception is the reason he doesn't go deep.

This nightmare was playing itself out in the first quarter with Doug's shitty game plan. If you want to put that on a rookie QB, so be it.

Rookie QB, rookie HC. Same difference. Just because they are inexperienced in their appointed job doesn't excuse their performance.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2016, 09:05 PM) *
No, but he threw the game ending INT. Perhaps that interception is the reason he doesn't go deep.

Rookie QB, rookie HC. Same difference. Just because they are inexperienced in their appointed job doesn't excuse their performance.

Sure it does. Lack of experience is one of the most universally accepted reasons for mistakes in the workplace in any profession.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 31 2016, 11:15 PM) *
Sure it does. Lack of experience is one of the most universally accepted reasons for mistakes in the workplace in any profession.

So being a rookie QB allows you to make mistakes, but being a rookie HC doesn't?

Wentz has the makings of a great QB, but lately he looks like he will just be a good QB. Same goes for DP. His first few games he was aggressive and went for it. I don't know where that fire went or why both the HC & QB have been so conservative in their play and play calling. They both went into the bye and the both still look like that's where they are.

I have been unimpressed by them both, over the last 4 games.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 31 2016, 10:49 PM) *
So being a rookie QB allows you to make mistakes, but being a rookie HC doesn't?

They are both bound to make mistakes. Doug's cost us the game last night.
Wentz has the makings of a great QB, but lately he looks like he will just be a good QB. Same goes for DP. His first few games he was aggressive and went for it. I don't know where that fire went or why both the HC & QB have been so conservative in their play and play calling. They both went into the bye and the both still look like that's where they are.

I have been unimpressed by them both, over the last 4 games.

If DGB doesn't drop his two egregious drops, things look nicer for Wentz last night. Despite how bad you think he was last night, he absolutely positioned us to win. Everyone around him (Doug, Smallwood, his receivers) let him down.

Rookies shouldn't be expected to win games. The fact that Carson is the only guy on our roster that seems up for the task is quite telling.
samaroo
I'll add this, for what it's worth...

Game on the line, on this team, the one I trust most is Wentz. But I cringe every time he throws, because he's counting on someone else to catch it.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 1 2016, 02:24 AM) *

Game on the line, on this team, the one I trust most is Wentz. But I cringe every time he throws, because he's counting on someone else to catch it.

That summarizes my feelings exactly, and is part of the reason I want him to run more.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 1 2016, 02:24 AM) *

Well stated
Joegrane
I agree. I'd rather that they stick to the base offense when they are trying to kill clock. They are not a power running team that is going to be able to move the ball with 8 in the box.

I too trust CW to make accurate throws even in blitzing situations, as long as the throws are not backwards inviting a loss of yards or disaster!

QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 1 2016, 03:24 AM) *

D Rock
QUOTE (samaroo @ Nov 1 2016, 07:24 AM) *

Nailed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.