Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Giant Killers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Ok, so all the "experts" were saying through the season's fist 2 weeks that Pittsburgh looked "unbeatable."

Then they ran into the iggles.

Then the "experts" were falling over themselves about the undefeated vikes, listing them as top 3 in most power rankings.

Of late, the cowgirls have been flying up those same power rankings and at 5 & 1 are the current darlings among nfl punditry.

Next?

They run into the iggles.

Fuck DullAss
Phits
What we need now is for Mikey to put some green on the Cowboys and for you to have an errand to do Sunday night.
D Rock
Ive got my end covered....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 28 2016, 12:37 PM) *
What we need now is for Mikey to put some green on the Cowboys and for you to have an errand to do Sunday night.

well played...now if I could schedule a charity event that only allows me to catch parts of the game we are set...lol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 28 2016, 04:16 PM) *
well played...now if I could schedule a charity event that only allows me to catch parts of the game we are set...lol

I'm gonna blow your mind here, but there will be a need for charity somewhere during the game.
Joegrane
Those games were in Philly, with L Johnson and B Logan. The Eagles new systems and QB were an unknown.

Also matchups are important. The Eagles D feasts on bad O Lines. They get neutralized by very good O Lines and then the weak CBs get exposed. Also teams with playmakers at WR can take advantage of the Eagles below average CBs.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 28 2016, 12:29 PM) *
Ok, so all the "experts" were saying through the season's fist 2 weeks that Pittsburgh looked "unbeatable."

Then the "experts" were falling over themselves about the undefeated vikes, listing them as top 3 in most power rankings.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 28 2016, 05:37 PM) *
Those games were in Philly, with L Johnson and B Logan. The Eagles new systems and QB were an unknown.

Also matchups are important. The Eagles D feasts on bad O Lines. They get neutralized by very good O Lines and then the weak CBs get exposed. Also teams with playmakers at WR can take advantage of the Eagles below average CBs.

These things can basically be said about any team.
Joegrane
I can't say I understand why you would say that. Please explain.

Not many teams have an unknown QB and unknown offensive system. Schwartz has a track record, but not with this group of players.

My point is that individual matchups account for many "upsets" from week to week.

In the Eagles's case they have one elite unit--the D Line. STs are probably well above average. Otherwise they are mostly a mediocre team.

When the Eagles can face a well below average O Line, the D Line can really wreak havoc and transform the outcome of the game. However, when that elite unit is neutralized by an elite O Line, the remaining mediocre units are exposed.

Unless Wentz can find the end zone on a high percentage of his opportunities I think this is going to be a comfortable W for the boys.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 28 2016, 07:57 PM) *
These things can basically be said about any team.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 28 2016, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 28 2016, 12:29 PM) *

mcnabbulous
Good OLs are good because they stop quality DLs. Playmaking WRs make plays against most teams.

These things aren't unique to the Eagles.

The Dallas DL is not good. There are a lot of opportunities for us to win this game.

I think both offenses will perform well and it will be a competitor, relatively high scoring affair. I'd take the over.
JeeQ
As I said last week I hoped after these two weeks Lord Wentz, Savior Of Philadelphia would stand triumphantly over the fallen corpses of Badford and Dak.

Samantha has fallen, Dak, come get your turn...
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 28 2016, 11:37 PM) *

Neither Johnson nor Logan played vs. minny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.