Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: People need to calm down about this game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I hate the Cowboys more than almost anyone.

But I am hearing that this game is the season etc.

No.

Even the most optimistic season projections would have us splitting with DAL.

One would think that a loss in DAL with them coming off a bye would be a tougher spot than winning at home the last game of the year.

I'll be watching expecting us to play well, but in no way is this a must win.

Joegrane
L Johnson's suspension hearing defeat was "the season," at least in terms of playoff contention.

There is still much to watch this year as various young players develop and we see the new systems on O and D blossom.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 27 2016, 09:45 PM) *

But I am hearing that this game is the season etc.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 27 2016, 09:57 PM) *
L Johnson's suspension hearing defeat was "the season," at least in terms of playoff contention.

You guys are one game out of first place, and you already have your games with Pittsburgh and Minnesota behind you. How is your season possibly over?
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 27 2016, 11:39 PM) *
You guys are one game out of first place, and you already have your games with Pittsburgh and Minnesota behind you. How is your season possibly over?

Joegrane has been predicting our demise ever since LJ was caught in the off season. He has no faith in the o-line's ability to overcome Johnson's absence by becoming a cohesive unit instead of individual parts.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 27 2016, 11:39 PM) *

What insight can you give us on the Dallas pass rush, Dreagon?
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 28 2016, 05:17 AM) *
Joegrane has been predicting our demise ever since LJ was caught in the off season. He has no faith in the o-line's ability to overcome Johnson's absence by becoming a cohesive unit instead of individual parts.

I still feel the same way until I see enough evidence to reassure me.
Rick
I'm hoping for a win but expecting a loss. Road games are always tough.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 28 2016, 06:15 AM) *
What insight can you give us on the Dallas pass rush, Dreagon?

It's basically schematic. We don't have any ace pass rushers. Rob Marinelli is a miracle worker when it comes to shaping no-names into a cohesive unit, so what you have is a well coached front line with no dominant stars, with adequate to decent linebackers, and a backfield that has guys playing in their contract year and therefore pretty good for a change.
Pila
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 28 2016, 02:44 PM) *
It's basically schematic. We don't have any ace pass rushers. Rob Marinelli is a miracle worker when it comes to shaping no-names into a cohesive unit, so what you have is a well coached front line with no dominant stars, with adequate to decent linebackers, and a backfield that has guys playing in their contract year and therefore pretty good for a change.

They are a very well coached team.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 27 2016, 11:17 PM) *

Silly, archaic mindset. If our coaches know what they are doing, they'll be able to scheme around those weaknesses. Especially as these guys continue to play together.

Big V wasn't a liability last week against the best defense in football.
D Rock
The biggest matchup in my opinion is between the game's 2 best units. Our D line vs. the girls' O line.

I'm thinking DullAss wins because our D line is a shadow of itself on the road. Until Fletcher Cox can figure out how to show up in a road game, we'll struggle against teams with decent O lines, and DullAss' line is better than decent.
Joegrane
Also they could be without B Logan. I fear they will run the ball effectively btw G and T on that side. That is going to put lots of pressure on Hicks and Tulloch to get off blocks and maintain gap discipline.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 28 2016, 10:49 AM) *
The biggest matchup in my opinion is between the game's 2 best units. Our D line vs. the girls' O line.

I'm thinking DullAss wins because our D line is a shadow of itself on the road. Until Fletcher Cox can figure out how to show up in a road game, we'll struggle against teams with decent O lines, and DullAss' line is better than decent.

Joegrane
Yep, especially after Jason P has his typical couple of games on the bench. Will they be any better than MN's O line when that happens?

QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 28 2016, 12:17 AM) *

JeeQ
Can't lie to you Mikey these Dallas games are basically my Super Bowls. I can pretend I don't care about the Cowboys games more than any other but I'd be lying. The wins feel that much better and the loses hurt a little bit more... I heard someone on the radio compare this to a potential start of Manning Vs Brady caliber rivalry and I honestly feel the same way.

I think Dak is the future of Dallas and I know Wentz is the future of Philadelphia. These two are going to have many great battles to come for possibly the next decade. I'm anxious for Sunday
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 28 2016, 09:17 PM) *
Can't lie to you Mikey these Dallas games are basically my Super Bowls. I can pretend I don't care about the Cowboys games more than any other but I'd be lying. The wins feel that much better and the loses hurt a little bit more... I heard someone on the radio compare this to a potential start of Manning Vs Brady caliber rivalry and I honestly feel the same way.

I think Dak is the future of Dallas and I know Wentz is the future of Philadelphia. These two are going to have many great battles to come for possibly the next decade. I'm anxious for Sunday

I hear you, same with me.

I just think putting this into context helps the anxiety a little.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 28 2016, 11:05 PM) *
I hear you, same with me.

I just think putting this into context helps the anxiety a little.

I think Brian Baldinger hates the Cowboys even more than us... He may lose his job over this but I love it. He said the Eagles need to go to sleep thinking about crushing Zeke on Sunday. Defense should put a bounty on him laugh.gif Dallas fans are trying to get him fired

"Zeke needs to be tattooed to the turf until there's nothing left but an appendage floating around Jerruh's pretty little stadium. There needs to be 10 guys ready to hurt Zeke on every play. We need to take him out" laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
Historically it seems like we do pretty well against the top running teams. I can't think of any recent examples, but it was a theme for a while. Not sure how Schwartz's d's are though.
Joegrane
This 4-3 system is very different than last year's system. Teams can use the attack mode against the DLine.

I worry about O Lines that have very talented OTs that can control our DEs in the run game. This is a vulnerability of the Wide Nine. If that DE can't recover and leaves a gaping hole btw OG and OT it puts pressure on the Mike LB to get there and make a play.

B Logan will not play, correct?

Last week they did not have to fear the RB's speed to get to the outside.

I think this week will be more like the Skins game, although not that bad.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 29 2016, 01:43 PM) *
Historically it seems like we do pretty well against the top running teams. I can't think of any recent examples, but it was a theme for a while. Not sure how Schwartz's d's are though.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.