Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kelly was thought to be an aggressive coach
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
When Chip was hired I was excited in part because he had a history of taking chances. Going for it on fourth down was one of the things he did with some frequency in college. Not so much in the NFL. The up tempo was exciting, couldn't take time to grab a beverage between downs. But other than that his teams were really pretty boring.

Pederson appears to be what Kelly was advertised to be, sans the up tempo every play. Taking that penalty and the extra point off the board so he could try for 2 points surprised me. He goes for 4th and short frequently. He's generally more aggressive in his play calling too. I like it.

Linc. ..
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2016, 07:50 AM) *
Pederson appears to be what Kelly was advertised to be, sans the up tempo every play. Taking that penalty and the extra point off the board so he could try for 2 points surprised me. He goes for 4th and short frequently. He's generally more aggressive in his play calling too. I like it.

I'm not a huge fan of taking extra points off the board to try for 2, but he's clearly aggressive and unlike Kelly, smart about when to be aggressive.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 24 2016, 12:25 PM) *
I'm not a huge fan of taking extra points off the board to try for 2, but he's clearly aggressive and unlike Kelly, smart about when to be aggressive.

I absolutely loved him doing it here. It was the first thing I thought of when the penalty was on the Vikings. The situation made sense. If they didn't get the 2-point conversion it would have hurt them and could have helped them.
D Rock
Kelly was also "thought to be" an offensive genius.

Funny how that works.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 24 2016, 10:49 PM) *
Kelly was also "thought to be" an offensive genius.

Funny how that works.

Pretty soon not too many colleges will want him either....lol
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 24 2016, 10:58 PM) *
Pretty soon not too many colleges will want him either....lol

He'll always have a job in college. Spurrier Part Deux.
mcnabbulous
Kelly's biggest problem is that he has zero ability to adjust to a talent deficit and modify his team to their strengths.

He doesn't have a good enough QB to outscore teams. As a result, he needs to play more ball control and hope he can stay in games. He's oblivious to that concept.

In college, he could get away with that. It's simply not how the NFL works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.